• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small Caps

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change all the acronyms in the book to small caps using GREP but keep certain words capitalised so for example I want FBI and NATO to be changed to small caps but I need REDACTED and US to stay as full caps. I can change the case of them using Peter Kahrel's script so that's not a problem, I just need to be able to change them all into a 'small caps' character style. Basically I need the code to say find any uppercase letter twice or more but NOT (US|REDACTED). I'm sure there's a simple expression that says find this but not this, I just don't know what it is!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

There probably is a clever GREP expression to do it all in one go, but I would just:

1. Find US or REDACTED and apply a new colour to it (or underline, if you don't use that anywhere else).

2. Then find 2 or more uppercase letters \u{2,} that are black (or not underlined) and change them to small caps.

3. Then delete the new colour you created.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There probably is a clever GREP expression to do it all in one go, but I would just:

1. Find US or REDACTED and apply a new colour to it (or underline, if you don't use that anywhere else).

2. Then find 2 or more uppercase letters \u{2,} that are black (or not underlined) and change them to small caps.

3. Then delete the new colour you created.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this...

(?!REDACTED|US)\b\u\u+\b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines