• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change time ruler unit

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried all the method from google, even ctrl + click / preferences setting....

still can't change the time ruler unit form "f" to "s"

擷取.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checkt the project timebase setting? What are the exact settings? Cropping a zoomed in timeline isn't particulalrly helpful.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this???

擷取.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this is your issue: Re: AE 14.2 timeline ruler issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much~
problem solved! It's a bug T^T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this been fixed yet? Is there a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to where the numbers are next to the search box, ctrl + left click or alt + left click and this will change from seconds to frames and vice versa.

Untitled7.png

As to why others can't just simply point this out is beyond me, I've seen this question a few times and I'm the only one that seems to give the direct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nexahas1138, OP has an issue with the time ruler displaying seconds at strange intervals and showing F at the end. Changing the current time display won't fix this. Look at the link I posted for more information about this bug and you will go beyond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, Americans. Maybe it's time you adopted 24/25 FPS like the rest of the world and abandon your odd 23/29.97

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, as an American, if I had my choice of frame rates I would campaign for 60fps.  It is just so versatile!  It can easily accommodate a wide variety of other frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunny0116  wrote

i have tried all the method from google, even ctrl + click / preferences setting....

still can't change the time ruler unit form "f" to "s"

擷取.PNG

You most certainly DO see seconds!

Looking at this I see four SECONDS and five frames.... eight SECONDS and ten frames... sixteen SECONDS and twenty frames, and so on.

Since After Effects needs frames -- and a frame rate -- to create animations, you'll have to deal with them.  If you don't want to deal with them, don't use after effects.  Plain and simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines