Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to make a layer "unhideable"

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is it possible to make a layer "unhideable". So, the layer should be locked and always appear.

Thank you ver much !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

In Photoshop?

To the best of my knowledge: No.

And I wonder how you imagine such a feature would or should work.

What exactly are you trying to achieve really?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop?

To the best of my knowledge: No.

And I wonder how you imagine such a feature would or should work.

What exactly are you trying to achieve really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, In photoshop.

I want to make a "template" psd file for a client , that when you open the file –there is a specific layer that should be always appear. Also just to avoid that client not to accidentally turns "this layer" off, when he/she personally edit the artwork.

But anyway – thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hand off layered Photoshop files and you think you can protect the recipients from their own potential ineptitude you may overestimate your control over circumstances or misunderstand what Photoshop is.

But maybe you also underestimate the recipients’ intelligence and they will not make any terrible mistakes …

Then again they might be as incompetent as you seem to fear and later on try to blame you for their cock ups …

Drollery aside: When you hand off layered psd files you fear might be used incorrectly you may want to provide clear, unequivocal documentation on how the files are to be used in written form (with illustrations if possible) both as additional text/pdf/… and within the image.

In effect you cannot keep the recipients from ruining your work but you can also assume that they are unlikely to try and deliberately mess it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the suggestion,  we do always give a clear guide of how the files should be used later on.

I was just curious and not sure if photoshop have this function or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
we do always give a clear guide of how the files should be used later on.

A prudent policy.

I was just curious and not sure if photoshop have this function or not.

That’s just not what Photoshop is (at current at least).

Photoshop is a professional tool and anybody using it up- or downstream of you has the same default features available to edit/improve/… an image.

What kind of editing are the recipients likely to perform on your data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines