• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from new catalog

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now longer able to import from a new catalog in LR. I get an error message. I have LR cc, with the latest updates. I have used this method many times in the past to transfer LR information and files from my desktop PC to my Laptop--can anyone help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message.

What error message do you get? Please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Also please state the version NUMBER of your Lightroom (I want the number and not words like "up-to-date"). Please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is "Lightroom could not import this catalog because of an unknown error."

Version       CC2015.10.1  {1117303]

Operating system   Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"LR could Not import this catalog because of an unknown error."

LR CC 2015.10.1

Operating system: Windows 8.1

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure I understand why you would want to import from a NEW catalog. Does this NEW catalog have images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I have all of my LR work on my desktop. On the desktop LR I export a catalog of images that I have taken during the given month--then I import that catalog to LR on my laptop. It is how I have kept the two computers in sync with LR work and have an additional backup.

I have been doing it for about two years, but it has just stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Lightroom on the laptop open the catalog that was created on the desktop computer? Do both computers have Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both have CC. I get the message "LR could not import this catalog

because of an unknown error" It always worked fine until about a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines