• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW FILES MOVED TO USB

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took some photos on sunday and edited them in lightroom 6 ( im running windows 10),i then moved my raw files to a usb stick.A couple of days later i went to edit some of then photos,and so copied the raw files from the usb stick to my documents.I opened up lightroom and went to the my documents folder and the photos displayed but wth the message folder could not be found.I thought it was a simple thing to do was just simply copy the files from my pc to the usb and then copy them from the usb to my documents and import them in lightroom when i wanted to edit them in the future.Ive had a bit of a mess around and got question marks next to some folders,so i right clicked and search3ed for missing folder and the files appeared and i was able to edit them no problem.What have i done wrong and how is it possible to make it easier to edit my raw files from a usb.Also when ive selected the folder in which the raws are stored sometimes the thumbnails display greyed out.Any help really appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Thanks for your reply will take on board what you said and hopefully not have this happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THe problem is that you didn't copy the photos to the exact same location they were in previously, and so Lightroom doesn't know where they are. If you copy the photos to the exact same location they were in previously, this problem won't happen.

In general, I do not recommend moving photos back and forth like this, once they are on your hard disk in the desired location, don't move them. It's really that simple. Don't make your workflow more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply will take on board what you said and hopefully not have this happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines