Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multiple Author instances with Mongo DB

Level 4

Request you to provide the documentation for configuring multiple author instances with Mongo DB.

To increase the capability and also provide access to more number of users multiple instances of Author are required.

Currently the documnetation that I have are for running single author instance with Mongo DB.

AEM 6 + MongoDB - Getting Started | Content Management

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I just checked with the doc team. This use case is not documented. If you would like this added, open a ticket with support and state there is a bug in the docs as this is missing.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I just checked with the doc team. This use case is not documented. If you would like this added, open a ticket with support and state there is a bug in the docs as this is missing.

Level 4

What I was referring was having more than one author instance of AEM may be 3 or 4 connecting to the same Mongo DB instance.This is with refernce to your ADOBE AEM documentation:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/recommended-deploys.html

under the heading:OAK CLUSTER WITH MONGOMK FAILOVER FOR HIGH AVAILABILITY IN A SINGLE DATACENTER

In this there are 2 instances that communicate with the same Mongo DB.Currently this is not possible with TARMK.

If this kind of setup is possible in TARMK please provide the steps and documentation to set up.

What we require is to have more author instances so that number of authors performing authoring concurrently will be around 150.Currently this is a contraint with singe author instance with TARMK.

Level 4

Also if MongoDB is to be used with ADOBE AEM6.1 does the license of AEM6.1 also cover Mongo DB or should Mongo DB be purchased separately.

Employee

Hi,

please see Technical Requirements - docs.adobe.com which contains the statement below:

If you are planning to use MongoDB you should get support from MongoDB and explictly follow the advice on this page: AEM with MongoDB - docs.adobe.com

"MongoDB is third-party software and is not included in the AEM licensing package. For more information see the MongoDB licensing policy page.

In order to get the most of your AEM deployment, Adobe recommends licensing the MongoDB Enterprise version in order to benefit from professional support."

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have earlier  gone through the link provided.

AEM with MongoDB - docs.adobe.com

Before I check with the MONGODB support But want to clarify if multiple author instances are possible with Mongo DB.Please confirm.

Employee

Yes, that is the purpose of using AEM with MongoDB.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4

Thanks for the details.

Can you clarify the below:

1.Are there any possibilities of using of having TARMK and multiple Author instances just like MongoBO having Multiple author instances.

2.What is the maximum repository size in GB that will be supported by ADOBE AEM with TarMK.

3.What are  the maximum number of authors - users concurrently supported by AEM with TARMK.

Employee

> 1.Are there any possibilities of using of having TARMK and multiple Author instances just like MongoBO having Multiple author instances.

TarMK is single instances only(you can have cold standby, and offloading) but true clustering is only with MondoDB

> 2.What is the maximum repository size in GB that will be supported by ADOBE AEM with TarMK.

What is your max use case?

> 3.What are  the maximum number of authors - users concurrently supported by AEM with TARMK.

This depends on what the authors are doing, but the general guideline is more than 100, have a look at the reasons for choosing MongoDB in this doc AEM with MongoDB - docs.adobe.com

Regards,

Opkar

Level 1

2.What is the maximum repository size in GB that will be supported by ADOBE AEM with TarMK.

What is your max use case?

The expectation is over the next few years it will be around 200GB to 300 GB.

Employee Advisor

That's a size which is doable with a single authoring instance (assuming that a lot of that data goes into a datastore). But when you do the decision "TarMK" vs "Mongo", you should consider other facts as well:

• number of concurrent authors (see Opkars recommendation for it)
  • the availability of the system
  • the ability of the IT team to deal with TarMK or Mongo

regards,

Jörg