• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Selection to PDF in Indesign CC 2017

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export a selection on a Indesign CC brochure page to pdf. I have noticed people offering scripts to download and install but I would rather it came from Adobe. Basically I have 4 adverts to a page and I only want to select 1 and export it as a pdf. This would be a cool option 'Export Selection' woopydoooo. Can anyone out there help me.

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product- specific support forum by a moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Hi Paul,

Right now there are no options to export a particular selection from a page to PDF, but you may definitely raise a feature request for the same  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

And as a work around you may place four selections on 4 different pages and export pages as per your choice.

page range.png

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Right now there are no options to export a particular selection from a page to PDF, but you may definitely raise a feature request for the same  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

And as a work around you may place four selections on 4 different pages and export pages as per your choice.

page range.png

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you could try to do
1 drop your selection into the CC library
2 in illustrator drop the graphic on the canvas from the CC library
3 export as asset from illustrator as PDF or other formats 🙂

INDD
Schermafbeelding 2018-12-12 om 15.37.02.png

AI
Schermafbeelding 2018-12-12 om 15.31.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Genius.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

no need for Export Selection to PDF if you place all your adverts on the page from documents where the page size is the size of your adverts. You could place InDesign pages, but for reasons to minimize complexity you should export PDF/X-4 from the advert pages and place the PDFs. Do a custom PDF/X-4 preset where you do not downsample images.

The other option is using a script to export a selection to PDF.

For ordinary stuff that would be sufficient. In case you are working with effects like drop shadows on the adverts the exported PDF will either show too much white space around or it will cut off the effect.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines