Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thin border around a video

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created an logo animation and want to load it in an mobile application as a loading screen where it be animating till the time all services are called from the server.

Steps I followed to export the video are:

1. Rendered the composition from After effects

2. Video output set as "RGB+Alpha"

3. Filed saved as .mov

4. Then converted that .mov to mp4 (as iPhone is unable render the .mov and throwing an error that not playable format/version.)

Now the issue is that, in screen shot the border around the video is not visible. But on phone when its playing I can see the border.

Could you please let me know that am I exporting/rendering the video correctly or do I have ask the developers check from their end.

Thank you,

Omkar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Did you try saving it as an mp4 instead of converting? If you have AME then there is a preset to save for specific Apple product resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try saving it as an mp4 instead of converting? If you have AME then there is a preset to save for specific Apple product resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try not to render in RGB+Alpha. There is no reason to do that if the target for the video is to be a MP4, as the MP4 file can not store an alpha channel. Premultiplied Alpha on renders could be the problem. Instead, render in RGB mode or try to send your composition to Adobe Media Encoder  (Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue) as Nexashs1138 suggests you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nexahs1138 and @JosePanadero the suggestions you gave to me. I rendered the video same way and it is working fine with all iPhone devices except iPhone 6s Plus and 7s Plus, there is no problem with the video file. The issue is with iPhone 6s plus and iPhone 7s plus rendering the video. Developers are looking for the solution.

Thanks a lot Guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines