• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document is missing lines when opened in Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I want to metnion, this was not created from Word. It is a report that was downloaded. When I open the pdf in reader or via html, there are lines that separate the data in a table. When I open the same pdf in pro, the lines are removed.

Here is a partial pic of what it looks like in Reader - notice the lines in between each row:

When I open the same doc in Acrobat Pro, it looks like the following - no lines. I need the lines back!! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

I figured it out!!!  It was the “Replace Document Colors” setting. For some reason that was checked.  I turned it OFF and now it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat use exactly the same renderer. Thus, if you get different results, it is likely due to preference settings.

Most likely, the problem you are encountering is that of lines that are defined with unreasonably narrow width and possibly at the same time in gray.

Under Preferences (Ctrl-K) in the Page Display pane, there is an option labelled Enhance thin lines. Enabling this option may get those lines back for you. Note that the same option may also have the effect of rendering other lines too thick!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dov. I do have that option checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if you can post a sample (or provide a pointer to me by private message via these forums), I can take a look at it and give you a more definitive analysis.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the rest of the options in that part of the Preferences window are the same in both applications as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out!!!  It was the “Replace Document Colors” setting. For some reason that was checked.  I turned it OFF and now it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines