• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom wont let me import pictures

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having problems importing pictures from my desktop/camera using lightroom. When I go to import a picture, nothing shows up. I have discovered that camera raw does not support my camera (Fujifilm Finepix HS25EXR) for some odd reason and i have to go through this tiring process of sending my pictures though email from my laptop, downloading them on my cell phone, uploading them through lightroom mobile and then sync the desktop app. Is there any easier way to upload them from my pc to lightroom?

This is my importing screen and as you can see, nothing shows up.

Untitled.jpg

Side note: im unable to upload ANY photo to lightroom even if it wasnt taken with my camera. On the other hand i can upload any photo with photoshop (even pictures taken with my camera).

Please help. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you intend to keep the images permanently on the F drive switch from copy or copy as DNG to Add

At present you have the import dialog set to make copies into dropbox/desktop.

You can check settings by opening the destination panel. If you do intend to make duplicates you can select either a named folder or dated subfolders.

In the left panel you need to select the actual folder containing the image files – you can expand and contract the tree to find a specific sub-folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After moving/copying the images to a subfolder on my desktop and switching to "add", the pictures still dont appear.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks more like a communication issue with your camera. Can you see the files in explorer itself? What happens if you use a card reader? If you can see the files in explorer, try copying the files over first to your hard drive and then importing from there.

Also make sure that Lightroom is at the latest version (2015.10.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to see the files without a problem. I did as you said but im still getting the blank import screen. Both photoshop and lightroom are up to date. The first month i got the photography pack, i was able to import without a problem. Not sure what happened. The import problem is with any photo i have saved on my pc, not just taken with my camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if no one else has a handy fix, reset your preferences - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 and both methods are for Windows 7 and 8. I've tried to do them any way but niether of them work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem.

Yesterday I created a folder on my c: drive with six sub-folders, each containing .jpg and .crn photos.

All files are present and correct on the c: drive.

When I loaded Lightroom I was able to see the contents of all five folders (and all other photos on the laptop) in the import pane.

I successfully imported photos from the first three folders, but when I tried to the same for the fourth, I got the blank screen as in the original poster's screenshot - no files are visible anywhere on the disk.

OS is Windows 7 home premium,

LR 6.10.1

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good grief, moments after posting this I found the solution in another post (by dj_paige - credit where credit's due!)

The fix is to expand the destination panel on the right, suddenly all the photo folders are populated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you pass me the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is where I found the solution:

Lightroom isn't importing my images

I hope the link works, if not, search for the title - no need to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

totally helped! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting your preferences is indeed probably the right thing to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on how to do that? I have Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down Alt and shift while starting Lightroom to reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what pops up and i cant find anything about preferences

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines