• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't import from Sony A6500 camera SD card

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom with four different cameras - Nikon D810, Nikon D500, Sony A7Rii and Sony A6500.

Recently, Lightroom started refusing to import images directly from the SD card after I take it out of my A6500.  It will import the images, but I must copy them to my MacBook Pro's hard drive, then point import to that folder.

Lightroom is still importing just fine from the SD cards for all of my other cameras.

May just be a coincidence, but this started after I updated the firmware in my A6500 to the latest version.  I looked into the possibility of rolling back the firmware update in the camera, and it is not possible per Sony.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing if I insert the A6500 SD card.

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 7.18.05 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi radiogooroo,

If Lightroom imports fine from all other cameras or SD cards and troubles only with this card, the problem is more related to the card itself.

You could try formatting the card after backing up all images and see it that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash...

I've actually tried that already.  In fact, I tried formatting the card with the formatting tool provided by the SD Card Association, which didn't improve things.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I will try a different card in this camera tonight and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update:

Tried a different SD card that had never been in the A6500 tonight, and it has the same issue.

It doesn't appear to be an SD card issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi radiogooroo,

You may try and reset the Lightroom preferences back to defaults and check if that helps?

refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you connecting the camera directly to the computer? If you are I suggest you stop doing that and buy a card reader or use the SD card slot on your Mac, if it has one, to get the images off the card.

It seems LR is displaying the images in the import dialog but thinks they are already in the LR database file, the catalog file,as that is why they appear grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am removing the SD card from the camera and putting it into the one built into my MacBook Pro.

The images import fine if they're copied from the SD card to my hard drive before I try to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ich habe das gleiche Problem seit Update auf 2015.10.1 unter Windows 10 mit Daten auf SD Karten. Die Karten werden nach jedem Import in der Kamera formatiert. Direkter Import von der Kamera (Leica M, X Vario und SL) findet nicht statt. Die Dateien lassen sich in Windows problemlos verschieben oder kopieren. Nachdem sie in das Verzeichnis verschoben wurden, kann dieses synchronisiert werden - natürlich auf Dauer kein geeigneter Weg.

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines