• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe's Hidden Plan Price Increases: doubling your monthly bill on the sly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has almost doubled the price per month of Adobe creative Cloud Student and Teacher in four months in Australia it appears without notifying users ( if you discounot an obscure mention in fine print).

The bill and increase is a large shock for users like myself.

Adobe's response was very unhelpful.

Apparently, they reserve the right to fluctuate the price, despite the agreement and without notification.

Adobe support were unhelpful and rude.

I urge all users to question Adobe and ask for a refund And demand proper communication on billing

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

This is old territory that's already been thoroughly discussed in other threads.  Prices fluctuate for many reasons:  exchange rate, a weaker or stronger economy,  new Gov't tax regulations, etc, etc... 

Subscription cost increasing AGAIN

Ridiculous price increase makes no sense!

Something doesn't add up about the new Australian price increase for Adobe CC

Ridiculous Price increase without notification in Australia

When the US dollar fell dramatically during the economic crises, American's paid more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alvckrs,

We understand that price increase is definitely inconvenient for you and many other users. Request you to kindly refer the document shared below for better clarification on price change and the reason behind the same:

Why did my membership price change?

Hope this would clear all your doubts.

Feel free to get back to us for any other query.

Regards

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no it has not cleared up anything. Instead I am still waiting for an explanation of why adobe has varied its agreement with me without consulting me.

Big fail adobe ... and even bigger fail watering me down and trying to exhaust

Me with facile, indirect and misdirecting communications.

I am waiting for a direct honest reply from a real person.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's in the fine print then they told you about it already, there have been multiple threads on price increases, and the link Kanika supplied tells you that the prices are increasing in certain countries. Pricing can fluctuate depending on the economy, and the market. The EU will have a set price for all of it's euro using countries but it will be different for Britain and Denmark who still use their own currency, as such, their price may differ from the € depending on the exchange rate.

No company that you have a subscription with has to consult with you on pricing, they can notify you through a bill that your price will change, they actually do that when you're about to be billed (Unless that's just for the EU in which case blame Australian law.) If you don't want your price to fluctuate then don't do a per month billing option, do the annual one instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in the EU sorry and although subscriptions are payed monthly they are calculated annually by law in Australia.

Notification must be made about a price increase for services, before you take up and use service ( for obvious logical, ethical and legal reasons).

Otherwise, one wouldn't know what service, at what price you were receiving.

No matter how much window dressing you add to the conversation, poor dealing legal or not is just that poor dealing.

A clear email notifying you of the price increase before you incur the charge is the honourable way to conduct business. It gives the aubacriber the option to opt-out before charges are incurred.

In my case adobe continued to bill me the normal monthly amount then notified me this month I was behind on payments. Whereas actually what they neglected to say was: 'oh sorry we put the price up and now u owe us the difference.

I run a subscription based business in Aus and if I did that to my customers they would be very upset and rightly so.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If money was deducted from your account and now you are being told to pay the difference then you do not owe anything. If their system neglected to charge you the right amount then that is their problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is old territory that's already been thoroughly discussed in other threads.  Prices fluctuate for many reasons:  exchange rate, a weaker or stronger economy,  new Gov't tax regulations, etc, etc... 

Subscription cost increasing AGAIN

Ridiculous price increase makes no sense!

Something doesn't add up about the new Australian price increase for Adobe CC

Ridiculous Price increase without notification in Australia

When the US dollar fell dramatically during the economic crises, American's paid more for software while the rest of the world paid considerably less.   It's funny how nobody was complaining about that.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines