• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut for switching between windows in Photoshop CC? [2014]

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ist the shortcut for switching between windows in Photoshop CC?

I always used "CMD   <" - but that doesn't wort anymore.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

There are actually two sets of shortcuts for switching windows in Photoshop CC. One is the OS shortcut that Photoshop respects, which c.pfaffenbichler covered. The other is the older traditional Photoshop shortcut for switching windows, which on the Mac is Control-Tab or Shift-Control-Tab (that really does use the Control key on the Mac, not Command). Both ways work for me in Photoshop CC in Mavericks.

The shortcut you mentioned, Command-< , is not a default shortcut for window switching for the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an OS matter.

Check out System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Keyboard & Text… > Move focus to the next window

movFocusToTheNextWindow.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you may have to give more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are actually two sets of shortcuts for switching windows in Photoshop CC. One is the OS shortcut that Photoshop respects, which c.pfaffenbichler covered. The other is the older traditional Photoshop shortcut for switching windows, which on the Mac is Control-Tab or Shift-Control-Tab (that really does use the Control key on the Mac, not Command). Both ways work for me in Photoshop CC in Mavericks.

The shortcut you mentioned, Command-< , is not a default shortcut for window switching for the US keyboard. Is your keyboard set to a different language? That might be part of the issue. Or you could try resetting your preferences (start Photoshop while holding Command-Option-Shift).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Conrad!

Control-Tab works. I forgot about that shortcut.

My keyboard is a german keyboard, but I had never had problems with Command-<, though.

I'm still wondering why it doesn't work any more, but i'll switch to Control-Tab now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, I have used the OS command so long I didn’t even miss the Photoshop command.

Learned something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversely, there are clumsy dinosaurs like yours truly who now avoid most shortcuts at all costs, mainly because our diminishing brains prefer (or demand) not to be cluttered with all that information.

The time I wasted  trying to remember a shortcut and/or correcting mistakes made by using the wrong shortcut easily outweighs whatever we could serve in the future by using shortcuts correctly.

A. Einstein used to say that he chose not to clutter his brain by learning anything that can be looked up.  My version of that is not to bother learning a shortcut for anything that can be done with the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m no »digital native« myself, but Photoshop’s keyboard shortcuts so seem useful to me.

Then again I may have invested fewer cerebral resources in other subjects like learning a lot of languages …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Conrad, you have relieved hours of frustration, and reverse order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that answer is PhotoShop CC 2017

For Macintosh MacOS Sierra 10.12.4

Command + ~ make next tab.

This link => Cycle Through Tabbed Documents in Photoshop « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did click link not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac4kent  wrote

I did click link not work.

The link appears to be working now.  Perhaps someone edited it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job it work link. Now time to talk about DreamWeaver cc 2017

I am look for unWRAP, Command + down arrow key.

DreamWeaver C6 have one but CC 2017 they remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Dreamweaver Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thank you for your help no problem. I got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try DreamWeaver Forum I don’t know where. may I have right link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am use Macintosh only not for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link not work LMGTFY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search google for the forum you want. It isn't hard. If you can't use Google you need training we cannot give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines