• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reusable bag for manufacturing and 3d animation

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i create a reusable bag with all sides included empty top and bottom with 3d animation?  I need to send it to the manufacturer and to be able to put it on my website so my client can view the 3d animation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

As the others have said I would make a model like that in a 3D programme.Complex meshes are not Photoshop's strong point

However just to show it can be done in Photoshop, by breaking it down to simpler shapes, I created a model bag using extrusions from just 8 paths.

Combining these on one 3D layer gave :

Render view

You could go on to produce an animation in the timeline or export it for use interactively

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrystalla  wrote

How do i create a reusable bag with all sides included empty top and bottom with 3d animation?  I need to send it to the manufacturer and to be able to put it on my website so my client can view the 3d animation.

I would make the bag in Maya, rendor the animation as a video in iclone then place that into my Muse test site as a vimeo hosted file... every one that can find it can also see it unless I decide to block people or restrict it in some way but with web sites you normally want as many people as possible to be able to see your work.

If you just want the bag and no other objects or effects then Edge Animate or Animate CC could make something instead of using iclone and if you want a really top looking redor on the bag for still images it may be worth having a look at Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm truly a beginner.  I'm selling reusable bags.  I was thinking of designing them in photoshop or illustrator for the manufacturer and as for the 3d animation i want to be able to present it like this site Sale Shopping Bag object images available for download - PNG, PSD S10600898A | PixelSquid

I have no idea what they used to create this.  (Something happened when I copy/paste the link of the page, but seems to work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrystalla  wrote

I have no idea what they used to create this.

the link on that site says they used PixelSquid Photoshop Plug-in: 3D in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Pixelsquid's plug in will allow you to place a pre-rendered flat image into a Photoshop document. The original 3D renderings are likely done in 3DS (as implied by the author name on that asset), or Maya, or Lightwave, etc.

Something as simple as the bag could be created in Photoshop as a 3D extrusion, but it would be difficult to produce the triangular folds where the sides meet the bottom.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed

Screenshot (1094).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the others have said I would make a model like that in a 3D programme.Complex meshes are not Photoshop's strong point

However just to show it can be done in Photoshop, by breaking it down to simpler shapes, I created a model bag using extrusions from just 8 paths.

Combining these on one 3D layer gave :

Render view

You could go on to produce an animation in the timeline or export it for use interactively

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you can tell from Dave's example, the quality of Photoshop's rendering and 3d capabilities are rather limited (Sorry Dave, nothing against your effort here, which is quite impressive in regards to PS's limits).

Others here have already mentioned that it is possible to create a 3d model in a 3d app such as Blender (free!), Maya, Cinema4d, etc., which is then rendered from all sides and integrated in a site using a small javascript.

Some drawbacks to this method:

- potentially very heavy images (depending on the resolution needed) and slow download

- for a relatively smooth turn table effect a LOT of images are needed (for a simple 10degrees per step you would need to render out 36 images, not including the additional images required to change the vertical perspective: each would need yet another 36 images!)

- rendering many images can take a long time, depending on the lighting and complexity of materials, etc.

The issue is also that even then, as seen in the sample bag on PixelSquid, the effect is not very smooth at all.

An alternative approach is to save the actual 3d object with baked textures and lighting/shadows, and use a service such as SKetchfab to do the hard work for you. In this case the 3d object is presented in the browser and this makes it possible to have a super-smooth turn table experience. Embedding the SketchFab object in your site is very, very easy, and a simple object like a paper bag will be fast to download for the user.

Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR.

Have a look at some of the examples.

Objects can be directly exported from 3d applications - even Photoshop (Dave, try this with your object!).

Exporters for 3D software - Sketchfab

Tutorials for each app are included.

I prepared a quick example (sorry, it is quite rough and quickly done) for you to demonstrate what is possible (and the final size is quite small):

Paper Bag Test by rayek.elfin - 3D model - Sketchfab

example.png

But I am not going to lie: if you have never worked with 3d before and have little experience with web pages, then all of the above is probably gobbledygook to you. You may want to hire someone to do it for you - creating a bag with assorted materials/decals like that would take less than an hour for anyone slightly experienced in a 3d app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines