• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User presets GONE...Watermarks GONE

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very upset.  Nothing has changed on my computer.  I'm using LR CC.  I opened it today (after using it 2 hours prior) and I went to edit a photo and the user presets are completely GONE...nothing there.  Also, watermarks GONE and the paintbrush presets I added gone too... BUT, if I look at the "history" of each picture, the presets are in the list so they are "somewhere"...anybody help??? PLEASE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Hi, I actually went in and "found" the files so I had manually added them in and I think that is what you are seeing.  They are my actions I put in (a second time).  I just wanted to show you "where" I found the files.  So, they are probably in there "twice" but only showing up the second time because I just added them again...really dumfounded....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you searched for them with the operating system? (They all have the file type suffix of  .LRTEMPLATE )

Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Have you changed the preference to "Store Presets with Catalog"?

Have you updated your OS recently?

Have you updated LR recently?

Do you use an external (plug-in) drive?

And what is your OS and version number of Lightroom?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tell you I literally walked away, and an hour later they were gone, that's what happened.  the ONLY thing I can remember is I was trying to EXPORT a file and it kept giving me an error (which it NEVER does) so I shut down my computer and turned back on.  I use OSX Yosemite.IMG_8072.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And my watermarks are gone too....grrrrrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_8078.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not have an answer for you-yet. But keep investigating.

I note from your screen-clips that all the sub-folders are dated "Yesterday"- strange! Even a re-install of Lightroom should not refresh these folders

I am curious to know where you found that file- 01 -COLOR BASE-Elegant Edit.lrtemplate  ?

What folder is it located in?

Can you show us a screen-clip of the Presets Tab page in the LR Preferences?

(Mac system has a way of screen-clipping. No camera needed)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are dated yesterday because I literally went into all of the folders to open them and they were all empty...i'm not sure why I have so many of the same named subfolders.  It took me a while to find the actual file.  I ended up just re loading them....but all the presets that I designed myself are GONE...there were at least 50 of them....i'm not even going to try and find those...I think I better start being more organized.  I can reload my logo watermarks  too.  I'll send in the next post the two pictures.  one of the preset  tab and the other of the location of the "Elegant" folder.  They are in a weird spot..but I never moved them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_8082.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_8083.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just strange...Like I said, when I open an Old picture, it brings up the "history" of how I got the image edited and it will say "elegant" (I use that one a LOT as a base) so it can still see it somehow but It was NOT showing....I also have about 9,000 pictures...i'm wondering if it's just on overload.  I'm nervous all my pictures will dissapear next...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your very last screen-clip,  I see a glimpse of COLOR BASE (presets?) on the screen behind the Info panel. So you must be able to see some presets in Lightroom, correct? Or is this something else?

If they are presets then LR must be looking somewhere to be able to show them.

I would like to know what is behind that Info panel clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I actually went in and "found" the files so I had manually added them in and I think that is what you are seeing.  They are my actions I put in (a second time).  I just wanted to show you "where" I found the files.  So, they are probably in there "twice" but only showing up the second time because I just added them again...really dumfounded....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines