Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stabilize Camera Motion

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have footage of an interview shot on a tripod but the DSLR was set to subject tracking therefore every time the subject moves in her chair the camera automatically adjusts the framing to follow her which causes the footage framing to move throughout the interview

.   How do I correct that in after effects so that framing stays the same through out even though the subject is moving so I get a fixed position framing of the interview.  Thanks in advance for you help

Idrisphoto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Use the stabilise tools but track a static point in the background (presuming you have one.)

If you can post an image of the shot we can suggest more specifically what you can track to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the stabilise tools but track a static point in the background (presuming you have one.)

If you can post an image of the shot we can suggest more specifically what you can track to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I used stabilize motion to track a point on the chair.  I also used smaller clips since the interview is 20 mins long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IDRISPHOTO  wrote

Thanks

I used stabilize motion to track a point on the chair.  I also used smaller clips since the interview is 20 mins long.

I think you're worrying about nothing.  I wouldn't even think about stabilizing those shots.

I assume you'll cut away to B-roll during the interview subject bites.  It's part of the editing process. What viewer is going to remember that one particular interview subject has moved a bit amid all the other shots in thi9s piece?

I don't think there's an individual on Planet Earth who would think, "HA! A mistake!  The camera moved between shots!"

And if there is one, he or she really needs to find a useful purpose in life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines