%%[Page: 9]%%

%%[ Error: ioerror; OffendingCommand: readstring ]%%

Stack:

(› PoÈsKÖn µÐY5Âê2¢ ÷Fmø-êíöYJ

øR½=Ö¤ark-

-save-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

It won't let me print. Please help if you have any idea what this means?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Here's another idea—it looks like it's giving up on page 9 or 10. You might try creating a PDF from the front of the book (say 1–8) and then the back of the book, say (10–end) and then try to isolate which page is causing the issue. You could recreate that one page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

That option dates from about 1994 when those "font" things were embedded in printers. It needs to be unchecked by default, removed... or at least persistent! I have to remember to uncheck it (and "add doc info") every time I PDF from Word. Fortunately, InDesign has better PDF output... you should, by the way, never "print to PDF" from more modern apps that have direct PDF export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to Distiller is not the recommended workflow to create a PDF from InDesign. What happens when you choose File > Export > PDF (Print)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't open in Adobe Acrobat it says could not open because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the pdf created with File > Export? What OS? What version of indesign? What version of acrobat? And how long is the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this was the pdf created then exported. The operating system is Windows 10. version of in design in cc2017. adobe acrobat DC. The file is 56 pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign successfully exports a PDF and that's what happens when you try to open it? Are you allowing the file to fully export before trying to open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've allowed to fully export it before opening it. I tried even leaving my computer on for a couple hours and then tried opening the file since your sent this post. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export is the way to go. But you say that you "created then exported" the PDF. What do you mean by that, and what are your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test screen name:

I have created an InDesign file and tried exporting. My export settings as follows:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't open in Adobe Acrobat it says could not open because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged

Be sure that InDesign has finished creating the PDF file, sometimes it's long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the File > Print dialog box, azherm21064001 .

We are all saying File > Export.

InDesign CCss_015.png

InDesign CCss_016.png

InDesign CCss_017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops ok sorry,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another idea—it looks like it's giving up on page 9 or 10. You might try creating a PDF from the front of the book (say 1–8) and then the back of the book, say (10–end) and then try to isolate which page is causing the issue. You could recreate that one page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue here. In my case, it was about images with too long file path length. Shortened folders and filenames then all worked smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! I'm amazed because I'm not tech savvy. I was having thsi problem printing from PowerPoint. Before you print, click on Printer Properties and uncheck the box that says "Rely on system fonts only, do not use document fonts." Voila! It prints.

DrJoelR_0-1685746957228.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option dates from about 1994 when those "font" things were embedded in printers. It needs to be unchecked by default, removed... or at least persistent! I have to remember to uncheck it (and "add doc info") every time I PDF from Word. Fortunately, InDesign has better PDF output... you should, by the way, never "print to PDF" from more modern apps that have direct PDF export.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution.  I don't know why this box was checked, my document has always printed to PDF before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👍❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines