• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Troubleshooting - LOST ALL Presets, smart libraries & Photos edits

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain how to import presets, smart libraries and data from photo edits - I recently moved Lightroom library to new computer?

Here is the situation, I recently got a new laptop, therefore I transferred - 1. Lightroom catalog folder.  - 2. Folder containing digital images.

When I first opened Lightroom on new computer, I had to link photo albums...done. But then??? I realized all my PRESET, SMART LIBRARIES, PHOTO EDITS ARE GONE?

My entire library (7500 photos) is raw and look un-edited. If I go to develop module, it's as if I had never develop any photos...

Anyone's help will be VERY MUCH appreciated. Thank you.

Guillaume R

[Moved out of the lounge and into a Lightroom-specific support forum by a moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

As well as copying and opening the catalog, as stated by Theresa J,  you will need to use the operating system to Copy and Paste the Presets from old computer to new computer. (copy to a usb stick)

Read this link before you do anything else-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Find you presets-

Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you created a new catalog on the new computer instead of moving the original one. If you opened LR from the application icon, it probably created a brand new catalog because it doesn't know about the old one. Close lightroom. Find the LR folder that you copied from your old computer. Inside of that folder will be the catalog. It has the extension .lrcat. Double click on that to open it in LR. You should see everything as it was on your old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Theresa for taking the time to answer my question. Appreciate it a lot!

- Guillaume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as copying and opening the catalog, as stated by Theresa J,  you will need to use the operating system to Copy and Paste the Presets from old computer to new computer. (copy to a usb stick)

Read this link before you do anything else-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Find you presets-

Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wobertc, thank your for taking the time to answer my question. Problem is, I no longer have old computer...

Here is how I did it -

Old computer->PicturesFolder->"LightroomCatalog"->CopyFolder

New Computer->PicturesFolder->Paste Folder "LightroomCatalog"Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.34.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines