• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC not updating, won't support Sony a7s ii RAW files

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have spent countless hours trying to fix this issue.  I recently subscribed to the creative cloud so I could use Lightroom to edit files out of my new camera.  However, the version of camera raw built into LRCC is only 9.0.  I have tried updating the apps through CC, and it says all my apps are up to date.  I have tried signing out of creative cloud and back in, reinstalling, refreshing using CTRL ALT R, none of these work.

The help - update option in Lightroom is greyed out, and I cannot click it. 

I have tried installing Lightroom 6 manually but after installation, launching lightroom only launches lightroom CC. 

The strange thing is, camera raw works properly (9.10) in Photoshop, but this is not ideal.  I would like to use the products I am paying for.  From most forum posts it seems updating Lightroom CC is the fix for this issue, but it simply will _NOT_ update under any circumstances.

My windows firewall is turned off, and there are no entries in it for Adobe.  All the other products seem to function fine.  The hosts file in system32 is clean of any entries.  I'm not sure what to do, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7 Business Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.7 GHz

Built-in memory: 16347.4 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16347.4 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 260.4 MB (1.5%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 220.2 MB

Memory cache size: 0.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: No

Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1280x1024, 3) 1280x1024

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13474 Core Profile Context 22.19.157.3

Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.50

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom

Library Path: C:\Users\Game\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\Game\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) Behance

2) Canon Tether Plugin

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) Leica Tether Plugin

6) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 1002

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually download the update for LR CC 2015.10.1 (the latest version):

Mac: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.10.1/setup.dmg

Windows: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.10.1/setup.zip

Once the download has completed, double-click the downloaded file and then double-click the installer in the folder that opens up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

errer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Adobe help page Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager says:

NOTE: If you are a Creative Cloud member and were advised to download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager, please click on the following URL and download the latest Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

So what happens when you download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud desktop application from here: Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

And then run the LR update installer again after that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kaitlynh,

You need minimum camera raw 9.2 and Lightroom CC 2015.2/6.2 version to use the raw data for Sony A7S II, please refer the below downloads links for Lightroom update CC 2015.10.1

Mac: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.10.1/setup.dmg

Windows: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.10.1/setup.zip

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The update fails everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with you, have you solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines