Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add buttons to top bar?

Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 11.08.04.png

Anyone know of a way to add buttons to the top bar here?

I'd like to add 2 buttons - one that makes a PDF from the low res proof settings I have setup. And another button to make Print ready pdf from the settings i have setup.

In a way - it would basically just export the PDF based on the PDF preset options assigned to it?

Any ideas if it can be done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Not that I know of but it seems like it could be scripted pretty easily and that could have a shortcut key assigned to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of but it seems like it could be scripted pretty easily and that could have a shortcut key assigned to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that as soon as I will say it, some one will show me the contrary but I don't think scripting would allow this. I guess the app bar is only accessible through low level programming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One may think it may be possible because so many other apps allow this kind of customization.

I'm pretty sure Bob didn't have in mind scripting the button. Just a simple script for pdf exporting (lots of working samples floating around) with kb shortcut assigned. Maybe with some simple dialog to choose preset. Just hit some kb command to invoke, instead of clicking button.

Obviously, Eugene is aware of this solution. However, I agree, sometimes mouse clicking is more convenient (for example, with a mug of beer in your left hand ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. Which is why I mentioned a KBSC for the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure Bob didn't have in mind scripting the button

Oh yeah I may have got it wrong indeed. Given the surrounding heat, I would share the beer with pleasure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines