• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign and Incopy access from browser

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to access Indesign and Incopy from browser where i can create and edit documents.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Hi Jasmi,

If I get it, you need to use Adobe InDesign and InCopy via web browser? Unfortunately that is not possible as hinted above by experts. You need to have the apps installed in your machine. You can however work offline as well (just need to be connect to Internet for credential verification at least once in 90 days). Hope that answers your query.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to need a custom workflow for this involving hosting on a server where you can install InDesign/InCopy and then access that virtually via a browser. Or use one of the pay services available that allow you to upload and work on INDD files online using their editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TruEdit is a good option for teams that are distributed and need to be able to collaborate in the cloud. Please feel free to get in touch if you want to discuss more.

Brett

bkizner (at) truedit.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does but for that i need to install Indesign and Incopy on to my system. I want to access it on web only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you should back up and tell us exactly what you need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to access,edit,create magazines on web using the third party software or a plugin which would help me to access Indesign and Incopy in the browser rather than installing it and using it from one system only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t get it. Why would that be better than using the applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like using the application itself. But when I'm travelling or need to access in some other system I need to always install it make sure to logout from the installed system. So, I needed the portability of the software so that i can easily access it and use it without installing it, just by giving the authorized credential login of adobe. And when I have multiple user and the authors don't have the application installed in their office system and when they want to edit or create articles at home or while visiting the clients for that I need if Adobe provides any API calls for it or not. As it would be feasible for me and for company too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not how this works. You can't use the software without a proper license.

Buy a laptop and install it there. You get two installations/activations with your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have licences for it. I just had a doubt whether having the licences can you provide me web access to application with my purchased licence credentials online for more than 90-100 people other than install the application. Like API call to my server inorder for me to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign does not have that kind of utility available. It need to be installed in the system to be used.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jasmi,

If I get it, you need to use Adobe InDesign and InCopy via web browser? Unfortunately that is not possible as hinted above by experts. You need to have the apps installed in your machine. You can however work offline as well (just need to be connect to Internet for credential verification at least once in 90 days). Hope that answers your query.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jasmir,

​

​Hope you are doing fine.

​

​I am the Product Manager for Adobe InDesign. ​Would love to hear your workflow and requirements in detail.

​

​Please email me at [ email address removed by moderator, please use PM ]

​

​Looking forward to hearing from you.

​

​Thanks

​Abhinav Agarwal

​Sr. Product Manager - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines