• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer for CS6 fails on Mac OS Sierra.

Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received download link for CS6 from Adobe customer support after issues with existing installation. New installer fails to run because "a file may be missing". Error window says to download Adobe Support Advisor, which apparently does not exist anymore. Platform: MacOS Sierra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Thanks for updating the discussion Uwek39815005, when you see "Adobe installer is already running." restarting the machine is always helpful. Please try to install Adobe CS6 application after restarting the machine and update the results.

If that doesn't work, I would request you to remove Adobe Application Manager using Cleaner tool available here: -Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​ and then, try to install Adobe CS6 application. I would also like to know which

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum

Hi uwek39815005,

As you have mentioned you have download CS6 from the link which was provided by the support team and you encountered an error " a file may be missing". Error window says to download Adobe Support Advisor" on Mac os Sierra. I would request you to try to install it as per the steps mentioned on this link: -Installing Creative Suite on a new Mac or macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later and let us know if this helps.

If you are still not able to install it, please re-download it using this link: -Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications and then, you use the steps mentioned in the link that I have provided above.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance with this.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tried the Terminal solution already, that didn't work either. I'll re-download installer now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi uwek39815005,

Thanks for sharing the update, it is possible that there was an issue with the installer that was downloaded earlier.

Please share the results after using the fresh installer and make sure you install it using the terminal on Mac os Sierra.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same warning as with previous installer when trying to install via Terminal: "Adobe installer is already running." But to my knowledge I don't have any other installers running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the discussion Uwek39815005, when you see "Adobe installer is already running." restarting the machine is always helpful. Please try to install Adobe CS6 application after restarting the machine and update the results.

If that doesn't work, I would request you to remove Adobe Application Manager using Cleaner tool available here: -Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​ and then, try to install Adobe CS6 application. I would also like to know which Adobe CS6 application are you trying to install.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Atul_Saini! Activity Monitor didn't show anything but after restarting the Mac I was able to run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are most welcome Uwek39815005 and thanks for sharing the details. Let us know in case you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines