• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a email newsletter and email signature? And what Adobe software do you use?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone help me whit this?

I've been searching for hours, but have not found a clear description for this yet.

i anyone knows a Dutch or English tutorial for these two subjects i would be very grateful.

thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

It's not impossible. You could use Dreamweaver to hard code your newsletter.

Adobe uses Adobe Campaign for their marketing newsletters. But I'm not sure if that is something that would cover your needs.

BTW: I'm creating slightly formatted e-mails with Microsoft Office, but this is more like a workaround than a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're far better off using a service such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob stated, it's best to use a service such as MailChimp. Lynda.com have an online video tutorial (you can get a 30-day free trial): Learning MailChimp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tips, but can I conlude that this is inpossible to achieve With the Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not impossible. You could use Dreamweaver to hard code your newsletter.

Adobe uses Adobe Campaign for their marketing newsletters. But I'm not sure if that is something that would cover your needs.

BTW: I'm creating slightly formatted e-mails with Microsoft Office, but this is more like a workaround than a solution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Dreamweaver to create HTML Newsletters (as they are called), but you will have to put a lot of learning time into it. You have to decide where your leaning time / priorities lay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Derek+Cross  wrote

You can use Dreamweaver to create HTML Newsletters (as they are called), but you will have to put a lot of learning time into it. You have to decide where your leaning time / priorities lay.

Yes, the Dreamweaver learning curve is arduous.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is impossible but using Dreamweaver instead of Constant Contact or Mail Chimp is insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been doing one as a sort of exercise at work. found it simplest to just learn what i need and write the whole thing in a text editor rather than Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose we all have a different definition of "fun."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure fun would be my definition either, but i think it's better in the long run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tips, but can I conlude that this is impossible to achieve With the Adobe software?

While you could use Dreamweaver to design an email, you still need a service like Constant Contact to effectively serve the email. Otherwise you will surely run into problems with both your outgoing email server and the client's incoming email server. There are 20+ different email client applications out there and many will only display vanilla HTML (tables only, no CSS, DIVs). An email service will dumb down the HTML so that it wont break when viewed with less capable clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used adobe indesigh, photoshop and or illustrator for making a mockup for clients to review. Cris converse has a Lynda training course on making email newsletter. But that involves coding. If you don't know or want to know coding dotmail.com, mail chimp or constant contact is great. You can use a free account on mail chimp to make a team plate and send/share with client.

lynda.com also has a one hour tutorial on using mail chimp. Non of the adobe tolls will do the work for you and if you are targeting outlook please use mailchip or any of the other platforms I mention. Outlook is the deal breaker for must stuff (videos or animations in your email body)

Creating an HTML Email Newsletter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had secretly hoped there was a more effecient way in the adobe package. I think I just keep using pdf and jpg files ...

but thanks for your feedback guys!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For small groups that might work, but you can't make assumptions about how the email will be received on the other end.  If you are sending jpeg or Pdfs as attachments (rather than web links) they could easily be blocked. And your email server might put a limit on the number of outgoing emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines