• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password encrypt a group of files

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to password encrypt a group of files using Acrobat Pro DC.  This used to be fairly easy in Acrobat 9 (using the Batch option).  I understand that I need to use 'actions' on Pro DC.  I have written a simple action but am having two issues, one an annoyance and one a bigger problem.

The annoyance is that I can not find a way to run the action without having a file open in Pro DC.  Even then, the 'actions list' doesn't show up on the list of tools in the right menu listing.

The problem is: when I run the action on a group of files, I have to click 'save' for every file that I want to encrypt.  If you have a long list, this is a pain, and slows down the operation.  In Acrobat 9, the batch process encryption would close each file automatically.  I can see no option to set this up in Pro DC.  Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Are you on a Mac?

Regarding saving the files: You now need to add an explicit Save command to the Action for the files to be saved after being processed.

You'll find it under the Save & Export section on the left of the Edit Action dialog:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac?

Regarding saving the files: You now need to add an explicit Save command to the Action for the files to be saved after being processed.

You'll find it under the Save & Export section on the left of the Edit Action dialog:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry - I am using an iMac running El Capitan.  I get Acrobat through the CC programme.

Adding the 'save' option works.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that on Macs you indeed have to open a document to gain access to the Action Wizard. It's a stupid bug that doesn't exist in the Windows version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, with Acrobat DC Pro it's no longer necessary to have a document open. This was the case with Acrobat XI and earlier, but with DC that changed. When you start Acrobat, you will get a dialog that lists all your previously open documents, but also gives you access to the "Tools" area:

2017-06-22_10-01-36.png

Once you select "Tools", you can then search for the "Action Wizard", and once found, just start it from there:

2017-06-22_10-02-12.png

If you don't see this dialog, you can select Edit>Manage Tools to display it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines