• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017.5 - Get function often fails on the first file

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in this screen print, the first file often fails.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

I finally figured out the problem. There are two things I needed to do.

1) Make sure "Use Passive FTP" is checked.

2) If your server uses WHM, check the "FTP Maximum Idle Time" and if set to 15 like mine was change it to a larger number like 3600.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would need some more information on this. Please tell us more like

1. Do you see this happening consistently?
  2. Is it happening with some specific site?
  3. Are you using FTP connection to upload to server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) It happens inconsistently. I can't seam to reproduce it. But in the last two days I've used the Get about 50 times and it happened about 10 times.

2) I've only seen it on the one site.

3) Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically I need to select a group of files in the folder and delete them first, then I select the remainder of the files and use the Get function, this is when the first file gives the file transfer error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We did try doing same but couldn't see this issue happening with DW 17.5 inhouse.

Did you encounter same issue with DW earlier versions too?

Could you share test site with us so that we can try at our end?

Would request you to try setting up different protocol for file transfer via DW, may be FTP over SSL. That might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the problem by deleting the cache as described in this document:

Deleting a corrupted cache file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon, the problem is still there. Always seams to be the first file to 'Get' that fails to transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide answers to the questions asked by Lalita so that we can investigate further?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem typically occurs when the FTP connection is left unused for a period of time. For example the FTP connection is left open for an hour, and then I click to get an entire folder the first file will fail to transfer (Internal data error) will result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the details. We will try recreating this issue at our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking into this. I have noticed it's not only the get function that has this error, but sometime the put function as well. Again only happens when the FTP connection is left open for a period of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To narrow down this issue further, could you please confirm once again that you see this with some specific site and not all?

If yes, would you like to share the test site with us so that we can try with that locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured out the problem. There are two things I needed to do.

1) Make sure "Use Passive FTP" is checked.

2) If your server uses WHM, check the "FTP Maximum Idle Time" and if set to 15 like mine was change it to a larger number like 3600.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines