• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search inside PDF: Jump to previous/next instance in the search results

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till Adobe Acrobat 9 it was possible to jump between search results by using the up/down keyboard arrow keys (as described by this user too mentioning the Adobe 8 help: https://acrobatusers.com/forum/general-acrobat-topics/scrolling-through-search-instances/).

Now in Adobe Acrobat DC that seems not possible anymore, I need to directly click with the mouse/touchpad on the search result I want to show (as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/searching-pdfs.html#review_and_save_pdf_search_results).

I've also tried the keyboard shortcut "fn + F3" option (on Mac OS X) to move down to the next search result but, even tough the highlighted result moves to the next one, the page is not shown till I click with the mouse on it (if I simply press enter the PDF moves to the next page and not to the search result highlighted).

Is it possible to somehow get back to the Adobe Acrobat 8/9 behavior?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could answer this, because I'm having a similar problem.  On my PC, the keyboard arrows work to navigate between search results, but only when I'm not connected remotely via RDP.  When I use RDP to connect remotely to a machine, the arrows don't work.  So the problem isn't that the arrows don't work at all.  It seems that the problem is the arrows don't work in some instances (Mac OS X, RDP) but do work in other instances (Win 7 without RDP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines