Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresh Install... LR 6.x instead of LR CC

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I freshly installed my PC and set up the Adobe CC overnight... I made a little mistake however and clicked on LR instead of CC because I thought I'd get the usual Adobe CC App where I could add the other programs... When Is aw that it tried to install the LR Application I aborted and used the Adobe CC APP... however each time I try to install Lightroom 2015 CC I get LR 6.x I removed it a few times... signed off, signed on, even copied the old LR 2015 files that I had in use yesterday and Lightroom still says it is Version 6.x over Lightroom 2015 CC
The Adobe Creative Could App says I could use Lightroom 2015 CC... So I am a bit confused of what to do... I am using Win 10 Pro x64...

thanks for the help,

Tom !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

That may be true, but I wanted to install Lightroom CC and not 6.10.1

I once again removed everything... every file and folder that used the name Lightroom, Adobe, Creative Cloud, I removed everything inside the registry... all License and Account files... I created a new Adobe ID just to TEST if it was my Adobe ID and I reinstalled Lightroom just to AGAIN get Lightroom 6.10.1 instead of Lightroom CC

Fortunately I came across this thread How do I upgrade from Lightroom 6 to Lightroom CC

Just to Qu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

[moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Creative Cloud Download & Install]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, I will do that and get back to you. I have a 1 MBit line so it will take a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. if you have a slow connection make sure your computer doesn't go into 'sleep' mode during the download/installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the creative Cloud App still says

"Lightroom CC 2015"
LR_2015_6x-a.jpg
while Lightroom itself says

Lightroom 6.10.1

LR_2015_6x-b.jpg

ZzzZZzZZZz

Any further tipps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the current version.

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Photoshop Lightroom]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That may be true, but I wanted to install Lightroom CC and not 6.10.1

I once again removed everything... every file and folder that used the name Lightroom, Adobe, Creative Cloud, I removed everything inside the registry... all License and Account files... I created a new Adobe ID just to TEST if it was my Adobe ID and I reinstalled Lightroom just to AGAIN get Lightroom 6.10.1 instead of Lightroom CC

Fortunately I came across this thread How do I upgrade from Lightroom 6 to Lightroom CC

Just to Quote it here for the Lazy

By :

"Once you've opened Lightroom 6, deactivate it via Help > Sign Out.

You can then close Lightroom and re-launch it. You should then have the option to Sign In with your Adobe ID and you should get Lightroom CC."

That was really all that was needed... Reinstalled Adobe Cloud and LR 4 times before I found that out... Thank You John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines