Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Catalog Has More Products Than Our Feed

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

It seems that our product catalog in Target needs refreshed or cache cleared. We have a product feed with ~5000 products but the catalog has ~12000. Has this happened to anyone? Is there a solution?

Thank you.

Nick

13 Replies

Level 10

Hi ,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Target Community. We are looking into query Meanwhile  , Can you please share your Target Account Client code & Login details in a private message or by Email :pamittal@adobe.com so that we can debufg the same at our end.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi,

Are you still facing the issue. If your problem is resolved please let us know the solution for the same so that it can benefit the larger community.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Hi Guys

I have the same issue.

As items sell out, they are removed from our feed and uploaded / indexed daily and I had assumed only products in the feed would be recommended.

It seems like once a product is added, it is never removed until you manually remove it...

Thanks

Michel

cc. ParitMittal

Level 2

Hi Michel,

I reached out to our rep a few months back about this. He said that the product will be removed 90 days after being removed from the feed. (Don't quote me on the 90 days, though. I feel like it was somewhere in that time frame.) I asked for a toggle for this setting but have yet to see one in the deployment notes.

The other option is to use the API and delete all your entities and reindex. It takes some time and recommendations may be down - but it works. I try to run overnight if this is required.

Best,

Nick

Level 2

Thanks Nick!

Does this mean that unless you purge every night expired / oos products will show as a recommendation? Seems like a very basic /standard requirement of only show in stock products as a rec. is not being met by this product?

There has to be more to it guys?

ParitMittal

Level 2

I agree, there should be a better solution to this.

Another tactic we use is quantity and stock static. Both are in our product feed when I make a collection to use for recommendations I filter only products that are in stock and have greater than X quantity available.

Level 2

Thanks Again Nick. Unfortunately, this  "sounds" like the correct answer, but until someone confirms I won't mark it as correct

Level 2

In order to avoid none-bookable travel packages getting populated in recommendations we have:

1. Extended our data layer by an object "onstock".
  2. We created a data element based on that same data layer object in DTM called "onstock".
  3. That data element has been declared in an mbox.
  4. If none bookable packages getting visits (e.g. from a SEO referrer) we set inventory to 0.
  5. That same product won't appear anylonger in Recs because of an exclusion rule with inventory=0.
  6. Unless the products appear as bookable afterwards (that is the time we set inventory back to 1).
  7. Plus we use the mbox to populate packages against none-bookable packages based on content similarity (instead of showing nothing.

Level 2

Thanks Alex. Earlier this week we came to the same conclusion. We are going to use our "low stock" alert to update availability in the mbox.

Level 2

My current problem:

Although one of my feeds contains 4582 products only 150 are making it into a collection. This is a huge issue. Any ideas? Anyone else having the same issue? In order to find a resolution I have created a specific environment for that feed. So the particular feed points to that environment. No other feed is pointing to it. The problems remains after having the feed downloaded and indexed.

I really would be grateful for any support as the problem is pending for a week now without having a soltuion from Adobe Clientcare or Engineering. I can only hope I guess.

Level 10

Hi Alexander,

Can you please recheck the Rule that is being used to create the collection ?

For example, your collection might be built around a product ID or category, margin, or any other parameter in the list.

Multiple rules are joined with an AND. All specified rules must be matched for the collection to apply

Regards

Parit

Level 1

Hallo

We have the Same issues. I would like Target just to implement the Products which are also available.
When a Product is not in the Feed anymore this should be set to EOL and deleted.
As in an other Post, this should be Standard.

How can i get this working. At the Moment we have 20'000 which are not available. And i think this makes the indexing Process way slower.

Does anybody have a simple solution?

Best Regards Manuel

Level 2

Hi Manuel!

I hope this helpful.

FYI:

For whatever reason the number of products in a collections within the Recommendations UI are very often at ZERO although products exist. So that might be a browser cache issue. When I am using the "Advanced Search" across all feeds and collections usually I am getting (valid) numbers.

To your challenge:

And as long as the products are bookable (available) this to us is not an issue. However non-bookable products wouldn't make it two-times into a recommendations although they still might be in feeds. Here is why:

• If a non-bookable product makes it into a recommendation and someone clicks on it we declare it as not-bookable in Adobe Target.
  • We can reference the state "non-bookable" in Adobe Target through a data element in DTM that takes the information from our data layer.
  • In order for us to surpress non-bookable products we defined an "Excludusion Rule" for non-bookable products.
  • As a result it won't appear in any subsequent visit from any visitor.
  • However if the same products gets available again and if we have a visit to that particular product we declare it back to bookable.
  • As a result of this the products won't be longer excluded from recommendations.

Again I hope this makes sense.

Best

Alexander Gaertner

Linkedin: https://bit.ly/2jYtyi5