Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regarding text resolutions on photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I have recently been facing a lot of problems with the text resolution while working on photoshop. I do have the latest updated version. The logo I created that text based is very pixilated. At first I thought it may be the font  - Neoteric, but now its with many other fonts. My image sizes are usually 150 px. I was unable to get the answer fro  you tube as well. Can anyone help with some best practices. Never faced this problem before

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image size of 150 PX  is very small an ICON size image. I would think text would work in a document that size. Are you sure you document  canvas is 150px by 150px. There are too few pixels .

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you creating a text based logo in Photoshop instead of Illustrator?

Check the anti-aliasing setting in the Options bar at the top of the screen. Make sure it is NOT set to None, because that will give you pixelated type. Choose one of the other anti-aliasing methods for smoother type.

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz001.png

ā€” Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been given two good answers, but I will add my two cents worth.  I suspect that Dan might have nailed with anti aliasing settings being turned off, but as JJ has said, 150 pixels is very small, and we don't know what the height of the image is, nor what font size you are using.  The thing is, some fonts work better than others when used at very low sizes.  Arial is a good safe choice.  Lets see how small the forum will let me set it:

This is Arial at 8pt: The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over the Lazy Dog

7pt

The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over the Lazy Dog

6pt

Book Antiqua

8pt:

7pt

6pt

Helvetica

8pt:

7pt

6pt

I'd say the sans serif fonts are a lot easier to read at those sizes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone has mentioned already that text logo should have been created using Illustrator instead of Photoshop. Anyway I have found this discussion effective How can you improve the quality of a text logo in Photoshop? - Quora , hope it will help you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some do not install Illustrator the may only have Photoshop and LR.  I only install Photoshop thou Adobe give mey a Creative cloud subscription.  At my age I do not want to learn more Complex Adobe products.  Photoshop Text is vector based and can be converted to shapes if need be.  Text is easier to edit the shaped that are made from text but you can get creative with converted text shapes.  Photoshop interpolates resized raster images down in size well  but not as well as it does when vectors graphic is used.  So you have many choices on how to add logo to you images using Photosop. Photoshop Actions and scripts. It is easier to deal with image size and logo size using Photoshop Scripting than Actions because Actions can not use logic. However if you Know how to use Photoshop well adding an appropriately size logo to your images can be automated.  If you create a Large  Size Text PNG file it can be place in resized and position with  ease.  Interpolating down is size works well and the resized layer can have Photoshop layer style effects rendered for the resized layer.  I'm sure illustrator being a vector editor can paint in text better than Photoshop features.  Photoshop Does not support .AI file however Placed .AI files work well for they are vector smart objects where Photoshop smart object layers are treated a raster layers.   The logo quality always depends on how well you know and use Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop program has a severe text problem.  I stopped using the word pixelization because that is an understatement and only proves that this is a serious issue.  Trying to chat with Adobe now. I had to use Illustrator for a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the problem you are having?  Severe text problem? How does you severe text problem manifest itself?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines