• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I copy a layer to my clipboard?

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I copy just a single layer to my clipboard (not the whole document) to my clipboard?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Annie.

I'm sorry. The Share icon that has that Link to Project option is the Share icon when you're in an open document. So, open the drawing and tap the Share icon in the upper nav.

In order to set up mail on your device you just have to go to Settings > Mail on your device and add an email account. Then you'll be able to email through the app.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie.

Sorry, it's not possible to copy the content of a layer to the clipboard... only to duplicate a layer in the same drawing. You could duplicate an entire drawing then just delete the layers you don't need.

Would that work for what you're wanting to do?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue for following up. That would be a great change to make for the next update. I'm trying to take the approach you suggested but I'm having a lot of trouble because of the transfrom issue that I noted, where I can't increase the size of the image that I copy to my clipboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annie.

I just going to respond to your other post... I'm not sure what's going on with Transform; it sounds like the app (or your device) may just be hung up.

Is that happening with every layer in every drawing? Or just one layer in one drawing?

Also, are you working over a wifi connection? If you are, go ahead and close out of your drawing and let the work sync. Then go ahead and do a force quit (double tap the home button and swipe up on the app), then relaunch and see if it's still happening.

Let me know if a force-quit resets things.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue, attached is a screenshot of a layer of a pineapple. I cannot transform it to be any bigger than it currently is.

Per your Force Quit recommendation, I'm not sure how to tell if the files are synced and I have some drawings that I can't risk losing. How can I check on the sync status?

Thanks for your help.

- Annieunnamed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annie.

It's super unlikely you'd lose work on a force-quit (I do it all the time and don't lose anything) but whenever I ask people to do it I just like to err on the side of caution.

Log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud; you'll be able to check there that all your work is synced. If it's not, just leave your device/app open over wifi until it is.

Once you see everything there, go ahead and try a force-quit.

First, though, also try bringing that bounding box in closer to the actual size of your pineapple. Then close the drawing. Reopen and try resizing once the bounding box is smaller. I remember having someone with a similar issue and it turned out that he actually had linework that he couldn't see outside the bounds of the canvas that were preventing him from resizing.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue, I tried the force quit but I'm still getting the same problem. It looks like transform won't allow the bounding box to exceed the art board. This is problematic because often the element I want to expand does not take up the complete box. Is there any way to adjust the bounding box manually?

As shown below, I can't expand this graphic any larger.

unnamed (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annie.

I just realized, this is an image, right? There are limitations to what you can do with an image layer. Can you share this drawing with me through the in-app feedback. Tap Settings then Send Feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue,

Actually the Send Feedback button doesn't work in the app, I click on it and nothing happens.

Per your note, it is an image but the same is true for objects that I create in a layer, I can't expand it beyond the art board. This makes my workflow super challenging. If it isn't possible to do, please make this update in the next version.

Thanks,

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annie.

It sounds like you may not have an email account associated with your device; the in-app feedback will only work if you do.

That's the thing... Drawn content can be expanded beyond the border of the canvas. And, so can images to some extent. I wanted to take a look at your particular drawing to see what's stopping it.

You can direct message me here with the share link (just tap my name on this page). Here's how to grab that:

From the Gallery view in the app choose the project you want to share (you should be able to see all the drawings in the project)

Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow) in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Project. Message that link to me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the only sharing option in that view is to share to Behance. How do I associate my email account with the device, that might be easier.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Annie.

I'm sorry. The Share icon that has that Link to Project option is the Share icon when you're in an open document. So, open the drawing and tap the Share icon in the upper nav.

In order to set up mail on your device you just have to go to Settings > Mail on your device and add an email account. Then you'll be able to email through the app.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines