• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On numbered lists, number font showing too large

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a messge about this previously, but the fixes don't help me. I started creating this project in RH 7, so I didn't use a project from previous versions. I only have one .css, so it isn't getting them confused. The text looks fine to me when I'm editing a project but the output shows the numbers on the steps as much larger than the 10 pt. Verdana text. Here's the code:

<ol><li class=p-List1><p class=List1>On the menu bar, click <span style="font-weight: bold;">File</span>
| <span style="font-weight: bold;">Open</span>. (You can also click <span
style="font-weight: bold;">Open</span> on the toolbar.) The <span style="font-weight: bold;">Open</span>
dialog box appears.</p></li>
<li class=p-List1><p class=List1>Navigate to the file to be opened.
</p></li>
<li class=p-List1><p class=List1>Double-click the file. The dialog
box closes, the modules in the configuration file appear in the <a HREF="System_List_Pane.htm">System
List</a> pane, and the details of the first module in the list appears
in the <a HREF="Current_View_Pane.htm">Current View</a> pane.</p></li>
</ol>

Is the "p class" causing this problem? I don't know much HTML and cannot remember what p class means, anyway.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 17, 2008 Oct 17, 2008
In the css you provided, nowhere have you assigned font specifics for actual lists (OL, UL) or list items (LI). P tags are fine for paragraph styles except when in a list.

HTML looks for style declarations for lists or list items, and when it finds none it reverts to the active browser's current default values.

You would be better off assigning the OL and UL styles separately, and adding the font info there, such as here for OL:

OL { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; font-family: Verdana, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach the code from the .css file for that List1 style? That might help a lot in discovering a solution.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like general text for bulleted and numbered lists and then, later, specific text for List1:

OL, UL { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; } A:active { font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; } A:hover { font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; } A.popupspot { font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; } DIV.droptext { }

P.List1 {margin-right: 0pt; list-style: decimal; text-indent: -0in; margin-left: 0in; } LI.P-List1 { list-style: decimal; text-indent: -0in; } LI.P-Style3 { text-indent: -0.25in; list-style: decimal; }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 17, 2008 Oct 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the css you provided, nowhere have you assigned font specifics for actual lists (OL, UL) or list items (LI). P tags are fine for paragraph styles except when in a list.

HTML looks for style declarations for lists or list items, and when it finds none it reverts to the active browser's current default values.

You would be better off assigning the OL and UL styles separately, and adding the font info there, such as here for OL:

OL { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;}

See the CSS Tutorial web site for more info and samples for editing and viewing results.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's the kind of thing I thought would work but whichever css I slot these parameters into, it doesn't seem to make any difference to the output. Should I be putting it in fmstyles.css or default.css or Html.css?

All the best,
Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Simon:

You'd set these styles in whichever .css file is assigned to your topic(s), which is set in the Properties window. We use our product acronym to identify ours (e.g., xxx.css). As to fmstyles.css, isn't that a FrameMaker style sheet? I have no clue about those, since I'm still on X5 standalone RH.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Leon! I added the code you sent for OL and a similar code for UL. The numbers are the same size as the text now. I wouldn't have thought to change the code in the .css, so this helps a lot.

Happy Friday, everyone,
Lacona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp