• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

raw files on LR 4.3

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a new camera whose raw files are not supported by LR 4.3 which is installed on my Mac. I am unable to download the PNG converter as my Mac does not recognise this type of file. On Adobe's site I can find no mention or possibility of updating 4.3 so that I can import the raw files from my new camera, which by the way, is supported by creative cloud's LR.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

You won't be able to update LR 4 to read those camera raw files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You would need to have LR 6 or Lightroom CC 2015 in order to be able to process those orf files.

Anyway that withstanding you can use the adobe dng converter to convert the Olympus E-M5 mark ll orf files to dng copies which then LR 4 should read.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of mac os x are you using?

What make and model camera are the files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm using 10.10.5 Yosemite. My camera is the Olympus E-M5 mark ll. Elsewhere I have seen that this camera is included in Adobe updates, I can't see how I can download the relevant update. Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to update LR 4 to read those camera raw files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You would need to have LR 6 or Lightroom CC 2015 in order to be able to process those orf files.

Anyway that withstanding you can use the adobe dng converter to convert the Olympus E-M5 mark ll orf files to dng copies which then LR 4 should read.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. As I said in a previous post my Mac does not recognise the disc image, when downloading the DNG converter. So I'm unable to open the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disk image? It's just a file you would have to download. And it sounds like you downloaded the wrong thing, there is no "disk image". Please try again to download the Adobe DNG Converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using to download the dng converter?

Your sure you were downloading the mac version which is a dmg file and not the windows version which is .exe file?

You tried the dng 9.10.1 converter i linked to?

So after downloading the above 9.10.1 dng converter dmg you go to your downloads folder, double click on the

DNGConverter_9_10_1.dmg and get that message?

If you right click on the DNGConverter_9_10_1.dmg and click Open With, is the DiscImageMounter.app listed as the default?

dma.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have solved the problem - my normal browser is Firefox - which for some reason was unable to download the DNG converter. By switching to Safari I was able to download the programme straight away. Thanks very much for your invaluable advice.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines