• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting out shapes on a layer

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make a template that consists of a number of circle shapes that are cut out of a black layer. The idea is to be able to sandwich images between the cut out template layer windows and the background. I have the the background layer as white, the next layer is black and then I have a lot of layers with a circle shape on each one. I cannot figure out how to cut those circle shapes out of the black layer. Would love some help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

It easy with that set up. Here have a white background added a black layer over that. Created a yellow round shape layer and duped it  5 times and positioned them is 6 locations on top of the black layer.  I then targeted the black layer. the with the shift and the ctrl keys hell down I clicked on the 6 yellow circle icons in the layers palette to select the layers pixels areas.  I the hit the delete key to delete the section in the black layer. I then deleted the 6 shape layers.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It easy with that set up. Here have a white background added a black layer over that. Created a yellow round shape layer and duped it  5 times and positioned them is 6 locations on top of the black layer.  I then targeted the black layer. the with the shift and the ctrl keys hell down I clicked on the 6 yellow circle icons in the layers palette to select the layers pixels areas.  I the hit the delete key to delete the section in the black layer. I then deleted the 6 shape layers.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Did the trick. I used to use PS a lot about 8 years ago but I have forgotten so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to look at Photoshop Photo Collage Toolkit

Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this

The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.

1. Size the photo collage templates for the print size you want - width, height and print DPI resolution.
  2. Photo collage templates must have a Photoshop background layer. The contents of this layer can be anything.
  3. Photo collage templates must have alpha channels named "Image 1", "Image 2", ... "Image n".
  4. Photo collage templates layers above the background layers must provide transparent areas to let the images that will be placed below them show through.

There are fifteen scripts in this package they provide the following functions:

1. HelpPhotoCollageToolkit.jsx - Online Help
  2. TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
  3. CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
  4. LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
  5. InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
  6. ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
  7. ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
  8. PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
  9. BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
  10. BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
  11. PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.
  12. BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder.  Images Rotates for best fit.
  13. BatchPicturePackageNoRotate.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder.
  14. PopulatePicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template Fill with the same single image and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
  15. PCTpreferences.jsx - Edit This File to Customize Collage Populating scripts default setting and add your own Layer styles.

Documentation and Examples

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines