• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Page Break Shortcut when no keypad

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought an HP Spectre x360, and it does not have a keypad. How can I make a keyboard shortcut to insert a page break?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

I figured it out. I went to Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts. Chose Type Menu. Clicked on Insert Break: Page Break. Then at the bottom entered Control B as the new shortcut. Left the context as default. Said "Yes" to new shortcut set, and now Control B give me a page break.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, Numpad Enter breaks to next column (or next frame if there’s no next column in that frame, or next page if there’s no next frame on that same page)

Shift+Enter breaks to next frame

Ctrl+Enter breaks to next page

If you’re on a notebook with the main keyboard only (no numpad), try to include Fn key in a combination, using 'main' Enter key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign does not have any keyboard shortcut for the Page Break on a pc other than Control>numberpad enter. No combination with the normal enter key works. I have tried every combination using the shift, control, Function, and Alt keys with the keyboard enter. So I need to assign a shortcut.

How do I assign the shortcut to Contol B?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. I went to Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts. Chose Type Menu. Clicked on Insert Break: Page Break. Then at the bottom entered Control B as the new shortcut. Left the context as default. Said "Yes" to new shortcut set, and now Control B give me a page break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... and so you killed the default target of that shortcut to Text Frame Options dialog box. Well, it's up to you...

Fn + Enter works for the most people. Couldn't test it with your exact model, though.

You can find out more about 'two Enter keys' here or here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines