• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Redgiant trapcode tao

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I purchased the trapcode suite and I started playing around with it (I have a fairly good experience with after effects) but whenever I try to play with the amplitude in the fractal displacement section, my object disappears. I can't find a solution or even a discussion about this anywhere and I don't understand if this is caused by my computer being too weak (MacBook pro 13 inch) or does it have something to do with the plugin.

I know this is not a good place to ask this question but I'm truly desperate for any hints

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

You are misreading the system requirements for TAO. A 13" MacBook Pro has integrated intel graphics and TAO and MIR will not work with that graphics card. You are just out of luck unless you purchase a computer with an appropriate GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  Does it have something to do with your computer?   Well, does your computer meet the requirements for Trapcode Tao?

2) Does it have something to with the plug-in?  impossible to say.  Tao's settings are interdependent meaning that the effect that "playing" with the amplitude setting depends on many other settings.

You're asking if the problem is being caused by your computer or by the plug-in.

Are sure the problem isn't you?

What steps have you taken to to eliminate the possibility that the problem is being caused by you not knowing how to use Tao?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well according to their website my computer is suitable for it. And as I said I have a fairly good experience with after effects + I was following a tutorial exactly step by step it all works perfectly except for this part. Some people said they had the same issue in the comments section but I can't find it mentioned anywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are misreading the system requirements for TAO. A 13" MacBook Pro has integrated intel graphics and TAO and MIR will not work with that graphics card. You are just out of luck unless you purchase a computer with an appropriate GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope don't be cheeky, but I have this configuration and TAO don't work too:

iMac Pro (2017)

3,2 GHz Intel Xeon W

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB

it's not properly like a MacBook...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure that your version of AE is up to date and that you have updated the Trapcode Suite. It's working fine on both my iMac Pro and my MacBook Pro.

Screenshot_2019-01-17 09.08.47_aTuBo0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines