• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound on 'After Effects'

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking 'RAM preview' and then the play arrow DOES enable the sound, but only until play is stopped and then the sound will not resume until the 'RAM preview' is pressed again and the sequence reverts to the beginning. Using this as a method to get the sound can't be used because the RAM preview always moves the sequence back to the beginning. As can be seen there's nothing wrong with the computer, it's simply that the PROGRAM is unworkable. Any ideas?

I checked some entries in the 'no sound' discussions - which are numerous! - that recommended taking out some 'preferences' files etc. but these were not identical to my installed program. It was suggested that there is a bug in the program. ls that the case - and how can THAT be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change how the preview option behaves (depending on what version of After Effects you are using).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boret81527281  wrote

Clicking 'RAM preview' and then the play arrow DOES enable the sound, but only until play is stopped and then the sound will not resume until the 'RAM preview' is pressed again and the sequence reverts to the beginning. Using this as a method to get the sound can't be used because the RAM preview always moves the sequence back to the beginning. As can be seen there's nothing wrong with the computer, it's simply that the PROGRAM is unworkable. Any ideas?

I checked some entries in the 'no sound' discussions - which are numerous! - that recommended taking out some 'preferences' files etc. but these were not identical to my installed program. It was suggested that there is a bug in the program. ls that the case - and how can THAT be fixed?

This sounds like simple operator error.  You just haven't spent enough time using AE to have a good notion of the proper way to preview.  I'd recommend looking at the AE tutorials you'll find if you click on the "Overview" section and then look at the right hand column.

If you try to use AE intuitively, you'll fail.  Take the tutorials.  Learn the basics.  Life then gets better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply

I've also received an email saying no advice can be given without system

details - which I omitted

I'm running AE on Windows 7 which is of course a bit out of date

I've made a clip on Premier Pro and wanted to change a few colours etc.

I have generally found that right-clicking on various icons and

descriptions gives a good idea of what is what, but of course your comment

re tutorials is appropriate.

One of the problems I have found with the tutorials is that key things tend

to be skipped over, such as the basic operations, this presumably being

axiomatic to the experienced tutor. By trial and error I did manage to make

a clip importing some dozen videos and more or less synchronising them to a

4 minute music video with the sound organised.

One problem I did find was the slider control at the bottom: to make this

easier to control it would really help to be able to magnify sections

within the overall whole. Maybe this can already be done, but I found that

when I magnified the time display it precluded the overall clip

perspective, i.e. to view the 4 minute clip and display say about 4 seconds

in extended mode (say about 10 cm in length) AT THE SAME TIME did not seem

an option. Is this correct. - I know "study the tutorials!"

Anyway thanks for your time

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Dave LaRonde <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi boret,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

boret81527281  wrote

One of the problems I have found with the tutorials is that key things tend

to be skipped over, such as the basic operations,

The problem is that you are seeking out tutorials that tell you what you WANT to do rather than tutorials that tell you WHAT to do.

Learn from an Adobe Certified Source like the Adobe Classroom in a Book or Pluralsight.com or Lynda.com.

If money is an issue both websites offer a free one month trial with no obligation.

Look for tutorials like:

Getting Started With After Effects

Intro to After Effects or

Your First Day in After Effects

These tutorials should take you through the basics of the interface, tools, file handling and preferences.

As for the book which probably goes for 50 or 60 American dollars, you can always find a used copy & insofar as the "basics"

are concerned they don't change much from version to version so you could even look for a used book that's a couple of versions

outdated and find it pretty cheap.

Most people look for tutorials that show them what they want to learn.

Forget that crud.  Find tutorials that TELL YOU what you NEED to learn.

In my opinion If you're not willing to do that, then you have the wrong attitude.

The wrong attitude will lead to the wrong approach.

The wrong approach will lead to critical failure.

Queue chaos and destruction & the loss of everything you hold dear.

Do the right thing.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines