Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects cc 2017 quit unexpectedly mac after update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have just yesterday updated my after effects and it wont open. I get a message that After effects quit unexpectedly. I did run Disk utility and reinstall after effects sill nothing.

My system is Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.4. I would be really great full that someone share the solution.

Thank you in advance,

Tomasz Majcher

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Try this:

Rename the After Effects folder to OLD_After Effects in the following locations:

Location 1: When in Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Location 2: Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe

Location 3: Documents > Adobe

NOTE: This will reset AE preferences and customization

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomaszm,

Sorry for your issue!

Looks like a permission issue to me. Do you mind repairing permissions for After Effects as mentioned in this blog post?

Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

The blog post is for Premiere Pro but should work the same way for After Effects.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

At first of all thank you for quick reaction. In my Library/preferences/ there is no adobe folder only files with ending .plist fo example (com.Adobe.After effects.paths.plist)
There was in other folders already premission set to ready and write. This issue is only with after effects, photoshop and premier pro after update work correctly. Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 11.54.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomasz,

In my Library/preferences/ there is no adobe folder only files with ending .plist fo example (com.Adobe.After effects.paths.plist)

Wild guess: You might have checked in the System Library [/Library/Preferences]

You have to check in the User Library [~/Library/Preferences]

NOTE: User Library is a hidden folder, by default

Here is another way to navigate to the folder:

1. In the Finder menu, choose Go > Go to Folder
  2. Type ~/Library/Preferences
  3. Navigate to the Adobe folder
  4. Reset the read/write permissions of the After Effects folder (Do it again if it's already set to read/write)

Mac folders 2.png

Let us know if this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Rename the After Effects folder to OLD_After Effects in the following locations:

Location 1: When in Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Location 2: Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe

Location 3: Documents > Adobe

NOTE: This will reset AE preferences and customization

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working ! thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are the MAN, I was going crazy why the hell AE crashing on startup and it was different error code every time but thanks to you my friend you saved my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be it's your technical issue at first you uninstall software and last install best of luck. If it does not work go this link

After Effects CC (November 2016) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

none of this worked for me and i have the same problem 😞 im so frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines