• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Photos with Keywords from Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been tasked with creating a catalog with a large group of photos from photoshoots. Currently, I only have Bridge CC but, in 3 months time when my workplace renews/upgrades their Creative Cloud subscription, we will all have Lightroom. My question is: if I start now by assigning keywords to these photos in Bridge, when the time comes to import them into Lightroom, will the keywords import along with the photos they are assigned to? I'd hate to do all the work and then have it not carry over into Lightroom.

Windows 10, if it matters.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi fayster01,

Lightroom should pick up on the keywords you entered via Bridge if you have it set to write the keywords out to the file (or XMP in the case of RAW).

If you have keywords that aren't already assigned to pictures, and you want to import your full list into LR, you can Export your keyword list from Bridge (via the flyout menu in the Keywords panel) and Import your list into Lightroom (via the Metadata menu). Or just apply them all to one picture and import that is a pretty quick way to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fayster01,

Lightroom should pick up on the keywords you entered via Bridge if you have it set to write the keywords out to the file (or XMP in the case of RAW).

If you have keywords that aren't already assigned to pictures, and you want to import your full list into LR, you can Export your keyword list from Bridge (via the flyout menu in the Keywords panel) and Import your list into Lightroom (via the Metadata menu). Or just apply them all to one picture and import that is a pretty quick way too.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash. However, I don't see where I can set Bridge to write the keywords out to the file. Is that something that happens as I assign them or is it something I do before I export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge always records keywords with the images. It's automatic - you won't need to do anything when you import the photos into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to re-import the images?

Because in my situation I do have assigned keywords in Bridge on images already in the library in LR.

So what I would like is that these keywords are also in LR aswel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not re-import, but use the command Metadata > Read Metadata.

However, note that this means all metadata. Imagine you have edited pictures in Lightroom but keyworded them in Bridge - Read Metadata will read all metadata from Bridge, overwriting the adjustments done in LR. In future, if you insist on using both apps, you can get around this issue by enabling the automatic writing of metadata in LR (Catalog Settings, Metadata tab).

It's easier for most people to use one program or the other. If you want to use both, you really need to experiment and test. Focus on the commands and settings mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines