• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice in drives setup ssds + samsung 950

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my new desktop is arriving and I need some expert advice in how to distribute my drives for optimal performance in Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects.

Ryzen 5 1600 + 32gb

I have (not yet but I'm ordering it):

1x samsung 950 evo 500gb or 250gb

some sata ssd between 120 and 500gb

setup 1

samsung 950 evo for Os and apps

1 sata ssd for scratch disk and cache (ps, pr, ae)

1 sata ssd for files

1 sata ssd for previews and exports

setup 2

1 sata ssd for So and Apps

1 samsung evo for files, cache, scratch, oreciews, exports

is one of these options any good? eould you recommend any other setup?

thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

there is no 950 Evo, there is a 950 pro or an 850 evo or 960 evo. if you are talking about the 850 evo its the same as a sata ssd, even if its using the m.2 form factor, and would fit with setup #1.  if you are talking about the 950 or 960 they will be much faster and best used for multiple functions, like the samsung evo in your setup #2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What motherboard?

The best option for Adobe Premiere Pro,would put the fastest SSD for the Project files and I do not know which drive would be faster as you have not specified either yet.

The 950 EVO comes in two form factors/interfaces  SATA III and M.2. The M.2 is much faster than the SATA III but some doubts your motherboard could use it, although a few AM4 motherboards do have an M.2 connector

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no 950 Evo, there is a 950 pro or an 850 evo or 960 evo. if you are talking about the 850 evo its the same as a sata ssd, even if its using the m.2 form factor, and would fit with setup #1.  if you are talking about the 950 or 960 they will be much faster and best used for multiple functions, like the samsung evo in your setup #2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that I got confused and on 950/850

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fault! 😕

I was talking about the m.2 960 Evo

Motherboard is asrock ab350 pro4. It has 2 m.2 sockets, 1 sata interface and 1 fast for the 960 evo or 950 pro

thanks for the answers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines