• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object with transform resizing problem

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An embeded smart object with a perspective transform get jaggy line after a resize compared to a rasterize layer  but the resize preview is actually OK

(the smart object is from a PNG file)

Screen-Shot-2017-06-23-at-10.56.26.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it Smart Object instances are not calculated based on your Image Size Resample settings but based on the General Preferences Image Interpolation setting.

So you might have resampled the plain Layer with Bicubic but the Smart Object with Bicubic Automatic for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know that. And both are on Bicubique.

Morover it is a bug in itself that the preview not accurate.

Finally just look at the result ?? the resampling of the smart object is totally wrong... whatever bicubic method you use should not produce something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally just look at the result ?? the resampling of the smart object is totally wrong... whatever bicubic method you use should not produce something like that.

You seem to forget that the transformed pixel Layer is resampled twice (the transformation and the Image Size operation) whereas the Smart Object is resampled »once« (because it is resampled from the original data each time) in your scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK -> So resizing twice gets better result that resizing once ... ???

So smart object are useless ... (just kidding)

No really there is allready a bunch of identifyed know bug like that

here for example Photoshop: EPS or PDF Smart objects render badly (with jags) when being scaled or transformed. | Pho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK -> So resizing twice gets better result that resizing once ... ???

»Different« is the word.

Resampling pixel content twice can provide different results that achieving the same dimensions in one resampling-operation, this should not be a surprise.

If you find the »other« result so much better you can convert the SO to an SO before Resampling …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tranform and resize both in one step via the transform you still get different result .... so ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tranform and resize both in one step via the transform you still get different result .... so ?

So you say … screenshots of my test:

smartObjectResampleMethodTransformationResultScr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what i expect ... What is your version on what platteform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my screen

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 17.33.30.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-23 at 17.33.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot to hide the Smart Object in screenshot 1 so it is meaningless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right - My mistake

It's even more obvious when you show only one layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 17.41.20.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-23 at 17.41.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: Were the screenshots taken at View > 100% or a larger magnification?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 % zoom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce that.

I WANT photoshop to resize properly the way it is suppose to resize hence using a correct bicubic algorithme

when resizing smart object like it does when resizing raster.

Both should result in the SAME result and it is not the case.

The results of the identical transformation on a pixel Layers and a psd-Smart Object are indistinguishable on my computer, so I cannot confirm you claim of a »bug« in this case.

TestResize2Scr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't followed the same process, again you still have understood nothing, you should really re read all the post

the problem is resizing transformed smart object vs resizing transformed raster layer...

I have  other people that can reproduce the problem on the Adobe Bug forum, and i can do this on different computer with different photoshop version too, you are the only one that cannot because you are not doing the same thing.

The bug may have been corected in a certain context in this one it's not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should read all the post as well. Photoshop renders pixel for the object to be use as the layers pixels. These are set in concrete and can not be altered by Photoshop tools. They are the input for filters and resize transforms.  They resize via interpolation like raster layers.  However, unlike raster layers the layers pixels are not lost.  The layers pixels are still locked in concrete.  Raster layers degenerate the layer is replace with a new images generated via interpolation.  Every time you resize a raster layer the layer's image quality degenerates.  This does not happen with smart object layers  for the interpolation is always from the layers pixels the can not be altered.  Smart object layer's objects do not degenerate you can resize the as many times as you like its like a single resize.  So actually resize better than raster layers.  As I wrote before your problem is you create low quality objects.  Lower quality than your raster layer. So your raster layer resizes better then your low quality smart object layers object.

Here again look at the 2500px by 2500pc test you ask us to try.  Do you see a bad resize I do not?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image size is not a cropping tool. It cans distort an image if the width and height are not constrained linked to each other. So it can not change the image's content it can just distort  the image's composition .  The Image Size Preview is just not showing the whole image because of the size of the preview window the zoom level of the preview image does not fit within the preview window.  Here I show an image size dialog with the preview image zoom set to 100% actual pixels. That number of pixels can not even fit on my display  and surely can  not fit in Image Size preview window. No resize has been set here yet. It is not a bug the zoom level.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? have you read my post really ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image size can not crop or add content zoom out in the Preview to see all of the content.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

????

read my post please and Look the result -> concentrate on the quality of the resize on the smart object .

It's all about the RESIZE result nothing to do with the crop. I perfectly know how the resize work

In another forum i explain that you get the same result if you 'export as' and resize during export

You get the same result if you resize the smart object

Nut with the resize tool it is mor obvious than with other explation

The resizing of smart object is completly buggy here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resizing of smart object is completly buggy here

When you transform the original pixel content to the final (transformed and downsampled) dimensions in one go the result should be close to indistinguishable form the transformed and downsampled Smart Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do it again and zoom out the preview so you can see all of the content of the image, Image size will not change content just the size of the image. Zoom your preview image out so you can see all.

You can not see all in the dialog you posted there is no room for all of you image at the zoom level you using.. As the results show.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-23-at-10.56.26.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen shot are at 100% both if you are not 100 % you cannot juge the result

What you see here is actually my image i am working at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines