Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Export DNxHR444 from AE 2017

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am on Windows 10 64bit. No matter what I do, I am unable to export DNxHR444 (QT container) from AE 2017. DNxHR HQX exports fine, but I need 444. I have tried exporting from Media Encoder as well, no luck! I even reinstalled the Avid Codecs, no luck! I also wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with all Adobe products, so I tried exporting DNxHR444 from a Premiere project and it worked! But I need to render from AE. Why would there be a problem rendering from AE but not from Premiere? Any solutions to this?

My temp solution is the export as a DPX sequence instead, but that'll eat up my hard drive space quick and I don't quite need that high of quality. DNxHR444 is sufficient for my needs, but it's just frustrating that I can't export with it!

One last thing, other codecs render fine in the QuickTime container. I'm only having this problem with DNxHR444. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

I figured out the issue, and I think it's a bug in AE. So, the problem was that I was trying to render out a 3996x2248 comp. The reason for this is because I'm mastering my film at 1.85:1 4K for a DCP master (and the standard resolution for that is 3996x2160). However, since my footage is 16x9 (and I want to have the flexibility to tilt up and down within the 1:95 crop), I decided to export out 3996x2248 from AE. This resolution is what prevents AE from being able to export the video as DNxHR444

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the issue, and I think it's a bug in AE. So, the problem was that I was trying to render out a 3996x2248 comp. The reason for this is because I'm mastering my film at 1.85:1 4K for a DCP master (and the standard resolution for that is 3996x2160). However, since my footage is 16x9 (and I want to have the flexibility to tilt up and down within the 1:95 crop), I decided to export out 3996x2248 from AE. This resolution is what prevents AE from being able to export the video as DNxHR444. (Neither DaVinci Resolve nor Premiere have issues with rendering DNxHR444 at that resolution, so I think it has to be a bug in AE). It also exports just fine with other DNxHR flavors at that resolution, so that's another indicator that this is a bug in AE. (And the problem exists both when exporting with the MOV and MXF containers).

So basically, my solution has been to upscale to 4096x2304. Since that's a more standard capture resolution, DNxHR didn't have any issues with it whatsoever.

Adobe staff, could you guys look at this and fix it in a future update please? I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to export at 3996x2248 if other programs are able to do it with DNxHR444.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaronh82625298  wrote

Adobe staff, could you guys look at this and fix it in a future update please? I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to export at 3996x2248 if other programs are able to do it with DNxHR444.

This is a user-to-user forums filled with mostly volunteers such as myself and minimal staff interaction. If you want actual Adobe staff to see your bug report, file it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

That actually goes directly to one of the people who works on After Effects and is the only way to get a bug into the official system to be tracked and resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I just filed a bug report using that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines