• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI - Compare Documents doesn't show layout differences

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Version 11.0.20 and I am finding that the Compare Documents feature is not catching changes in the document layout.  How can I get it to identify differences if the text shifts between two documents?  As an example, document_1 (letter) had the address section in the wrong place.  Document_2 is document_1 modified to shift the address a bit to the right so that it fits into the standard envelope window.  When I Compare Documents (View > Compare Documents), the change is not flagged as something that changed between the two documents.  Another example is I had two lines that were not lining up.  After the fix to have them line up, the compare doesn't identify the text shift.

How can I get Acrobat to identify these sort of changes?

BeforeAfterCompared (difference is not identified):
Before.PNGAfter.PNGCompared.PNG

I tried the various options available ("Reports, spreadsheets, magazine layouts", "Presentation decks, drawings or illustrations", "Scanned documents", "compare text only" checked and unchecked as well as "Include changes to:" (text, Images, Annotations, Formatting, Headers/Footers, Backgrounds).

In the past I worked with Adobe 6 PRO (I think) and it did a great job identifying these differences.  Now that I got my company to get this version for me I feel it won't do what I need it to do.  Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?