• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removed API files

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed some api files so my pdf's would load faster.  After doing that, I found I no longer had typewriter or password security options.  Which of the api's do I need to keep so that I can type on pdf's and secure pdf's with a password?  I still have all of the api files; I just moved them to another folder.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You can't simply unilaterally decide to remove or move or otherwise disable files installed by Acrobat and still expect full functionality. Many parts of Acrobat are implemented as internal plug-ins that are loaded only when the functionality is actually required. In fact, you haven't really improved load time in any significant fashion, but rather, crippled your functionality.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't simply unilaterally decide to remove or move or otherwise disable files installed by Acrobat and still expect full functionality. Many parts of Acrobat are implemented as internal plug-ins that are loaded only when the functionality is actually required. In fact, you haven't really improved load time in any significant fashion, but rather, crippled your functionality.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong.  If you do a search on the internet, you will find that removing unused api files does improve pdf load time.  Can you answer my question or is your answer that you must have all of the api files to perform these functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you expect full functionality and support from Adobe, don't muck with the configuration. For the last several versions of Acrobat, we did quite a bit of work in terms of measuring the impact of when particular functionality is loaded or has loading delayed and have adjusted the preload/load strategy accordingly.

Sure, you may have decreased load time to some degree (one or two seconds at most unless you have a grossly underpowered system), but you have also crippled functionality. Choose your poison carefully!

Just because something is found via internet search, doesn't mean that it is correct or prudent to follow.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines