• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Under Transform Tab: // THIS EXPRESSION WAS GENERATED BY ANIMATION COMPOSER

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running AE CC 2017 14.2.1 and have Animation composer_2.2.8_win.zip. I'm unable to access any adjustments under Position and Scale.

2017-06-23 (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animation Composer is effectively an expression generation system that adds expressions to elements of your project.

Once an expression is applied to a parameter (like position or scale of a layer) it may completely override user input to that parameter, depending on the expression. 

You haven't provided much to go on in your screen grab, because you haven't expanded the timeline to show parameter values, and you haven't expanded either of the expressions to reveal what they actually do.  But it's reasonable to assume that these expressions are overriding user-input values to those parameters.  You can turn the expressions off with this button, but any animation being generated by the expression will obviously also be turned off.

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 9.33.05 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, thank you very much for responding. I understand that you need more visual information and I will include a screen grab of the timeline. I will get with the manager of my department on Monday and show him your response and post more information for you. This has got us stumped and hopefully, with your help we can move forward. Thanks again, randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote:

"you haven't expanded the timeline to show parameter values"

"and you haven't expanded either of the expressions to reveal what they actually do."

I don't know how to do either one of these steps for you. If you can tell me how, I will do it and give you more info.

In the short term I'd like to turn off Animation Composer and have access to Position and Scale.

"turn the expressions off with this button ..."

Regarding your pic above - I don't see the same screen where I can turn off the expressions. Please help!

"... but any animation being generated by the expression will obviously also be turned off."

Yes, makes sense but I don't have any adjustment control as of now so I want to remove the expressions and I'll do it manually with my own key frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered with that expression maker, you just have to highlight the expression text & delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randoo55,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the followup. I did not solve the problem.

FYI, the problem exist in AE where we produce the 6 second insert for automotive tv spots. These segments are the donuts that change with each spot. The problem started when I 'duplicated' the 'most recent insert project' to create the new project. Then I change text, import a png of the the new vehicle, and update the disclaimer.

Fortunately yet confusingly, I was able to duplicate an 'earlier' project that, for some unknown reason, retained the ability to adjust the Scale & Position. So I've moved on. I went back to check the original project with the problem to see if it was still there and it was. So I don't know how to fix it but the other way works and that's all I can tell you.

I'd still like to fix whatever the issue was because I still live in fear that it can arise at any moment. Will you please give me the 'path' to return to the Adobe Board where I posted my original problem. It seems that Adobe relies on their community to fix problems.

Thanks for your followup,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines