• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe support constantly ignore me...but why I ask nicely? [Sliders on the filters and brushes not working]

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with the sliders on the filters and brushes not working. Support say "how may I help"? then ignore me or hang on on the chat sessions!! I pay for this!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with what program do you need helpl?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is with Lightroom (part of adobe cc) and it is the up to date version as is my Mac OS.

Obviously I would like to get on with working but I can't with this problem. I'm growing very tired of adobe being extremely rude. Around 50-60% of my online chats get ended by the customer service person without answering anything and I'm always polite. I have absolutely no idea how to get the service I'm paying for. Is this normal?

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Cloud forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Waller wrote: "Moved from cloud forum"

what does this mean? Am I being censored? I just want to politely ask for help for the service I'm paying for but they hang up. I can show the transcripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mark1894  wrote

John Waller wrote: "Moved from cloud forum"

what does this mean? Am I being censored?

Not at all. Quite the opposite. I have no idea what has happened between you and Adobe in the past but I'm not an Adobe staffer. I'm an Adobe customer and user just like you. Willing to help if you provide more information.

You've asked a Lightroom question in a generic forum for Creative Cloud questions. It may get answered there but it's unlikely (and you'll probably get more upset about the lack of response) because not many Adobe staffers or Lightroom experts hang out there. Questions get moved to more appropriate forums every day.

Your question has been moved to the Lightroom forum where Lightroom experts hang out. Here you are far more likely to get a useful answer to your question.

Now can you elaborate on your rather vague question:

"sliders on the filters and brushes not working."

Which version of Lightroom? Which operating system? What are your computer specs?

Please describe what happens exactly in Lightroom when you get this problem. Walk us through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying. I've had my chat session bluntly ended that many times I thought this was another! Sorry.

its 1.45 am as I write hence the vaguenes. when I try to use the sliders after selecting an area with for example the brush there is either no effect or a tiny effec. Literally I can move dehaze to 100% and barely an adjustment can be seen. This allows to the graduated filter. However when making global changes the sliders have a full effect just not when I select the brush or filter (in the developer module).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start at the beginning.

Which version of Lightroom? Which operating system? What are your computer specs?

Can you upload a screencast showing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying John.

IMG_1911.JPGComputer specs:

MacBook Pro 15inh version with touch bar. 16gb ram OS Sierra 10.12.5

Lightroom Adobe cc latest version 2015.10.1

Image shows one of the behaviours where half the graduated filter line disappears behind the image. It isn't just the cloud obscuring it literally disappears even if I go left to right (where image is darker) in vertical movement. Global sliders have dramatic effect brush and graduated filter virtually no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot see so we can see the whole screen including the sliders. It's better than a photo of the screen.

macOS Sierra: Take pictures of the screen

A screencast would be even better

How to record screen on macOS Sierra/ OS X series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John and cmgap,

I have tried to post screen shots which are jpegs of 4mb in size. I get the message below (taken on iPhone). What am I doing wrong? I used the grab tool.

IMG_1914.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John has requested please post a screen shot that shows the brushes panel and the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines