• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color switches randomly between clicks or program swaps.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the weirdest problem..the color shifts to super saturated but will go back to normal if I switch between windows or programs.

It's not a profile file thing because I can just click on another pane and it pops back to normal. It seems to be getting more frequent and it's starting to get more than just mildly annoying.

I'm using:

CC 2017

Mac Pro (mid 2012)

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 EGG

ATI Randeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Is this happening to anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Hi. I have the same machine with a very similar setup, and don't have the problem you describe. The only thing I can attribute this to is that CC2017 has some pretty high graphics specs, and although you're within their "recommended" range, you may be putting a strain on the Radeon card (Photoshop system requirements)

In the screenshot, you'll see I actually upgraded my graphics card, but for your card, I'd recommend going to Photoshop>Preferences>Performance and try changing the drawing mode to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I have the same machine with a very similar setup, and don't have the problem you describe. The only thing I can attribute this to is that CC2017 has some pretty high graphics specs, and although you're within their "recommended" range, you may be putting a strain on the Radeon card (Photoshop system requirements)

In the screenshot, you'll see I actually upgraded my graphics card, but for your card, I'd recommend going to Photoshop>Preferences>Performance and try changing the drawing mode to Normal under The Advanced Graphics Processor settings. Or, try changing some of the other settings on and off, to see if you can make the issue resolve itself.

By the way, one of the reasons I upgraded the card was because Adobe software really seems to like the NVidia cards better for many things (Photoshop being the least of them, though), and the new card has 4GB of RAM.2017-06-23_18-45-49.png

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines