• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can you view entire menus when working on a small screen?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On small screens, Adobe software can't always display the entire menu for longer menus. Aside from changing screen resolution, is there a way to vertically scroll menus or access hidden menu items that are off screen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which software are you using? What menus are you clicking on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some products like Muse the answer is yes but for others like Dreamweaver the answer is no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jdan95037235  wrote

On small screens, Adobe software can't always display the entire menu for longer menus. Aside from changing screen resolution, is there a way to vertically scroll menus or access hidden menu items that are off screen?

I suspect this might be platform specific.  With Windows, if you can at least see the twirl triangle and click on it once, so long as you take the cursor off the menus, they stay open for you.   Unfortunately I can't test it properly as I only have large screens with 1920 x 1200 resolution, so I can't force any menus to overflow the screen, but I am wondering if from the above position, you can scroll down with the mouse wheel?

The other workaround is to use shortcuts if you use a particular action frequently enough to make it worth assigning them.  JJ surprised me recently by showing us the Gaming keypad he uses.  I have used Gaming keyboards for years now, because you can set up the G-keys with shortcuts and macros, but JJ's G13 takes it a step further.  You could assign a hole bunch of menu commands with all those buttons.  They have three banks via the top M1, M2 & M3 buttons, and they are application specific.  I bet that little joystick thingie is pretty handy as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two slightly conflicting answers:

First, if working solely on a slightly small screen, I often find a very small and hard to see scroll arrow at the bottom left of the menu.  The most obvious example of this i can think of it the list of presets in AME.

However, my other answer is to do any serious working on at least two screens, one of them being nice and big.  Indeed, I've found a number of Adobe programmes (Premiere and Audition being two main offenders at least for me) that single screen working can be a real hassle and not just because of the menus.

OT aside...some of the most fun I had was when I borrowed a video projector and did an Audition mix with my "screen" being an entire wall!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob+Howes  wrote

OT aside...some of the most fun I had was when I borrowed a video projector and did an Audition mix with my "screen" being an entire wall!

If you are looking for a convenient surface to project onto, I am sure the Donald wouldn't mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines