• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop, Pemiere CC 2017 Won't open Macos Sierra, CEPHtmlEngine error message

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched everywhere, many forums with similar problem but I still don't know whats wrong.

I'm on a Macbook pro 2016 and I was using Photoshop and Premiere without any problem for many days until one day I turned on the mac and I couldn't use those apps.

I tried reinstall many times, but it doesn't work. I thought it was a problem with my computer, but in the apple store they reinstalled the OS and Adobe worked normal.

until some weeks after, PS and premiere stopped working again!! 

The only solution that I found was reinstall Macos form the app store, once again after the os reinstall, adobe worked fine, but today it happen again!

The weird thing is that Audition works fine always, but Ps and premiere don't, when I try to open them I got a message saying that CEPHtmlEngine is not responding and I have to force quit .

Whats wrong with Adobe and Macos sierra or the new graphics card?

Will I have to reinstall the os forever? is the only thing that fix the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MacOS? What version of Photoshop? The first thing is to check if they are designed to work together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if macs are not designed to work together with adobe then you might as well go back to the commodore 64.

macs and adobe are built for each other.

i would go down a different avenue of troubleshooting than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the applications' Preferences, if you can't reset preferences within preferences do this:

Close and relaunch Photoshop, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow)

You may have to do it a couple of times before you get the hang of it!

If that doesn't work, uninstall the application(s), using the drop-down gear icon in the Creative Cloud app, run Adobe Cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  before reinstalling the application(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anthonycioppa, software is written and tested for specific versions of Mac OS. it is well known that there are incompatibilities between old (pre Sierra) software and Sierra. So the question about versions is absolutely vital.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the lastest versions, Macos Sierra 10.12.5 and Ps cc 2017.1.1,  Premiere cc 2017.11.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried resetting the applications preferences, Unninstall everything, deleted every folder, install again, it worked for a while but it stopped working after reboot.

I don't use any thrid party plugin, and  I don't think that is a hardware problem, because I can use other applications like blender and krita without any issue.

neither it works trying in another User account, the app window appears, but I can't click anywhere, it just freeze and the only option that works is force quit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines