• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOCKED - Creative Cloud Student Membership is not cheaper -LOCKED

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on an Individual Creative Cloud membership, and this year am a poytechnic student studying Photography.
I contacted Adobe in a chat session, because their promotional information says you can save 65% on a student membership.
The person I chatted with at Adobe, cancelled my Individual membership and told me to go back in and sign up as a student.
When I went back in to sign up as a student, I saw that the cost for the Student Membership was exactly the same amount, per month, as the Individual membership I had just cancelled out of.
I feel quite cross about this and wonder why the person, on the other end of the chat session, didn't tell me that?

Whatever is the point in misleading people that a student membership will cost less, when it clearly will not?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

you missed our point:  we were trying to explain the pricing.

if your point is just to make rhetorical remarks, to complain and you don't really want an response, this isn't the the place to do that.  at the end of your chat you should receive an email copy of your dialogue with info about assessing the chat.

in any case, i'll lock this thread because it appears you've said what you wanted and don't want a response from other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the photography plan is the same price because it's so much less expensive than anything else.  the full plan is $20/mo for edu vs $50/mo reg, Adobe Creative Cloud for students and teachers | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have missed my point completely.
I'm annoyed because the person at Adobe, who I was on the chat session with, did not explain to me that there was no cheaper student plan than the Individual Plan I was already on. I spent a long chat session time going through the cancellation of the plan I was on, then I had to sign up again, for absolutely no good reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you missed our point:  we were trying to explain the pricing.

if your point is just to make rhetorical remarks, to complain and you don't really want an response, this isn't the the place to do that.  at the end of your chat you should receive an email copy of your dialogue with info about assessing the chat.

in any case, i'll lock this thread because it appears you've said what you wanted and don't want a response from other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kglad said.

JuliesCamera  wrote

I have been on an Individual Creative Cloud membership

You must have been on the Photography Plan (Photoshop+Lightroom) before for $20/month.

You're now on the All Apps Student plan so for the same $20/month, you've now got access to almost 30 Cloud desktop apps.

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

There is no Student plan for Photoshop+Lightroom only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with the other person, you missed my point completely.

I'm annoyed because the person at Adobe, who I was on the chat session with, did not explain to me that there was no cheaper student plan than the Individual Plan I was already on. I spent a long chat session time going through the cancellation of the plan I was on, then I had to go into the Adobe website to sign up again, for absolutely no gain nor good reason.

BTW, I do not want use of all the CC apps. I'm only using Photoshop and Bridge because we have to use them at Polytech and I need the ability to do my polytech assignments at home. There is alternative (and in my opinion better) photography software available for a Mac that I prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines