• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buffer Overrun error in AE7

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest Windows update, I am suddenly getting a Buffer Overrun error that closes down the program any time I try to open the Composition Settings or create a new Composition. Has anyone else run into this problem, and is there a way to fix it? I've never had this issue before the most recent Windows update.
BufferOverrun.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably some security mechanism getting in the way. Start by enabling compatibility modes. Further geek procedures in the system management console or using EMET may be required. Other than that - it's simply old software. It may have reached its point of no return in terms of compatibility.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects version seven.  Windows Ten.  Oh, my goodness.

I'm with Mylenium -- it's pretty clear that this is an application - OS mismatch. 

If you intend to stick with your version of AE, run it on Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines